Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten New to me Authors in 2015

I read some great new to me authors in 2016. Here are my top ones but in no particular order. :)
  1. Leif Enger- Peace Like a River
  2. George Bernard Shaw- Pygmalion
  3. Margaret Mitchell- Gone With the Wind 
  4. Fred Gipson- Old Yeller
  5. Clarence Dary Jr.- Life with Father 
  6. Erich Remarque- All Quiet on the Western Front
  7. Richard Lewellyn- How Green was My Valley
  8. Helene Wecker- The Golem and the Jinni 
  9. E.M. Forster- A Room With a View
  10. Qui Xiaolong- Death of a Red Heroine 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. :O)

    I thought, it'd be much more interesting to know who won the election or such, haha. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for E.M. Forster and Helene Wecker (can't wait for her next novel to come out in 2017)! :) Great list; hopefully I can get around to George Bernardo Shaw's works next year...

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love E.M. Forster, especially Howards End!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaw's Pygmalion is a lot of fun. Now I'm going to have the songs from My Fair Lady stuck in my head all night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Shaw for the first time this year, he's great so is Forster! Hopefully I can read Mitchell next year :) Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you think of Gone with the Wind? I'm sure we've talked about it before, but I forget ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it but it's complicated. I do NOT like Scarlett. Mitchell is a really good writer... I'll say that.

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...