Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Movie Review- Star Wars: A New Hope

The greatest science fiction movie ever.... Star Wars!!!!! Well maybe that's a bold claim but in my humble opinion that's the truth. I actually watched this twice this year... once earlier in the year and then again just this week in preparation for STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!! Not that I'm excited for it or anything. ;) Hopefully I have time to watch Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi too before Saturday (which is when I'm going to go see it!).
Synopsis from IMDB: Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader.
I just love this synopsis. So simple but so true. :) My absolute favorite part of the Star Wars movies is Han Solo's and Leia's bantering. It's what makes the movies for me. Luke annoys me most of the time. I also like R2D2 and C3PO though C3PO can get annoying sometimes as well. And Chewy! Chewy makes me laugh too. :) I love how this movie introduces the Force and the whole world of Star Wars. The opening credits and introduction with the epic music are amazing!!!! John Williams' music may be the second best part of the movies. ;)
I just have to include a few (and by few I mean a ton) of my favorite quotes... which may or may not largely involve Han and Leia. ;)

Obi-Wan-Kenobi- These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Han- Sometimes I amaze even myself.
Leia- That can't be very hard. 

Han- Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her. 

Luke (trying to convince Han to rescue Leia)- She's rich
Han- Rich?
Luke- Rich, powerful. Listen, if you were to rescue her, the reward would be...
Han- What?
Luke- Well, more wealth than you could imagine!
Han- I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit. 

Darth Vader- I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master. 
Obi-Wan-Kenobi- Only a master of evil Darth. 

C3PO- We're doomed!

C3PO (to R2D2)- This is all your fault. 

Leia- Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?

Luke- So what do you think of her Han?
Han- I'm trying not to kid. 
Luke- Good.
Han (Baiting Luke)- Still she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know. What do you think? You think a princess like her and a guy like me...
Luke (quickly)- No! 

Luke (about Leia)- They're going to execute her! Look a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait there to be captured. Now all you want to do is stay?
Han- Walking into a detention area was not what I had in mind. 
Luke- But they're going to kill her!
Han- Better her than me! 

C3PO- I suggest a new strategy R2; let the Wookie win. 

Leia- This is some rescue! You came in here, but didn't you have a plan for getting out?
Han Solo (indicating Luke)- He's the brains sweetheart! 

Leia (indicating the Millennium Falcon)- You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought. 
Han- Nice! Come on! 

Leia- Put that thing away (Han's gun) away, you're going to get us all killed!
Han- Absolutely your worship! Look, I had everything under control until you led us down here. 

Han (indicating Obi-Wan-Kenobi)- Where did you dig up that old fossil? 
Luke- Ben is a great man.
Han- Yeah, great at getting us into trouble. 

Leia- Looks like you've managed to cut off our only escape route. 
Han- Maybe you'd like it back in your cell, your highness. 

Han (about Leia)- No reward is worth this! 


And one final though... Han shot first. ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Bit of a groan when I saw the title of this post, haha. :-P (But I still haven't seen any Star Wars, so maybe it's OK! :-))

    Anyway, here's a "review" I just saw Monday: https://youtu.be/rzfBSaHlB_k

    That guy, Yehya, always makes me laugh! (Huge fan of celebrities and has all these pictures but gets confused and gets names wrong.)

    "People in the MOON come to the ground"
    "ROBBITS"

    Even I know it's all wrong, LOL.

    And almost everyone is "very nice" (except Harrison Fort) and a "very good actor."

    I don't know that he's ever seen any of the movies before "talkin'," just the trailers, haha.


    Well I hope you have a good time!! Will be looking forward (?? ;-)) to your review after you've seen it!

    BTW, do you get/like theater POPCORN?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, Star Wars is so good! The older ones, that is. We're going to The Force Awakens sometime next week, so I'm interested to see what it's like.

    Those quotes are the bestest("Better her than me!"). :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely the older ones... not a fan of the newer ones.
      I am super excited! I was afraid I would get spoilers if I waited too long to go see it... I wanted to go see it opening night but that didn't work out with the rest of my family. :(

      Delete
  3. I love all the Han and Leia quotes! I just rewatched all the movies (and I rewatched Episodes V and VI twice) before we saw The Force Awakens. I could totally rewatch A New Hope again just because of your post :) - Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After writing this post I felt like I could rewatch it again myself. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...