Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is the top the books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree this year! :) I made purchases of my dreams the other day at the local used bookstore so a couple got axed off this list. :)

  1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer- I need to get around to reading this series and if I owned a copy it would be far more likely to happen. 
  2. Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy- I realized recently I don't own this book and I really like it. 
  3. Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth- I want to read this so much after watching the show! 
  4. The Martian by Andy Weir- I'm hugely intrigued by this book. :)
  5. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery- I'm a huge Anne of Green Gables fan and I've heard rave reviews of this one so I'd love to get it and read it for myself. 
  6. The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- Because I need to get around to this book too and as I said above.... far more likely to happen if I own it. 
  7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling- The only one of the series I don't own yet. 
  8. The Golf Omnibus by P.G. Wodehouse- This book is HILARIOUS! It's such a fun collect of classic Wodehouse stories. I used to pick it up at the library all the time and read a couple stories and never actually check it out. I obviously just need my own copy. ;)
  9. Gods and Generals by Jeff Shaara- I own Killer Angels and Last Full Measure but not Gods and Generals! I love it! 
  10. Miniatures and Morals by Peter Leithart- So I can stop stealing my parent's copy all of the time. This is a great book about Austen's novels. :) I actually did ask for this for Christmas so hopefully I get it! 
There's so many more I want of course but these would definitely make me smile the brightest! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Yes! I agree with these! I'd LOVE Far from the Madenning Crowd, Call the Midwife and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, have you seen the film? :D
    Merry Christmas!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE MARTIAN IS SO GOOD! I devoured it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinder and The Martian are definitely on my to-read list next year! And I'd love to re-read the entire Harry Potter series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read the Harry Porter series almost too often. Can't help it!

      Delete
  4. I'm opposite of you - I'm far more likely to read a book if I have to check it out of the library (due dates and all) than if I own it. Books I own sit on my shelves for way too long before I read them...

    The Martian is amazing, but be prepared for some swearing. Other than that, though, it's an incredible book!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...