Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

In preparation for THE FORCE AWAKENS (geek moment here!) my siblings and I watched The Empire Strikes Back.
Synopsis from IMDB: After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.
I live for Han and Leia moments and while this one doesn't have as many laugh out loud ones as A New Hope does it has a lot of "Awwww" moments so it works. ;)
With this one you learn a lot more about the Force and of course there's the big reveal about Darth Vader being Luke's father. If you don't know that yet then you live under a rock. ;)
Now some great quotes. :)

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Leia- "I love you."
Han- "I know."

C3PO- "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1."
Han- "Never tell me the odds."

Leia- "Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder."
Han Solo- "Who's scruffy looking."

Han Solo: Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help.
Princess Leia: Would you please stop calling me that?
Han Solo: Sure, Leia.
Princess Leia: You make it so difficult sometimes.
Han Solo: I do, I really do. You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm all right.
Princess Leia: Occasionally, maybe... when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.
Han Solo: Scoundrel? Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.
[Han starts to massage Leia's hand]
Princess Leia: Stop that.
Han Solo: Stop what?
Princess Leia: [timidly] Stop that. My hands are dirty.
Han Solo: My hands are dirty, too. What are you afraid of?
Princess Leia: Afraid?
Han Solo: You're trembling.
Princess Leia: I'm not trembling.
Han Solo: You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
Princess Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han Solo: I'm nice men.
Princess Leia: No, you're not. You're...
[they kiss] (And Lois cheers)

Han Solo- Well Princess, it looks like you managed to keep me here a while longer.
Leia- I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for anyone to leave the system until they've activated the energy shield.
Han Solo- That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.
Leia- I don't know where you get your delusions laser brain.
Chewbacca laughs.
Han Solo- Laugh it up fuzzball! (Lois quotes this line daily)

Han Solo- Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?"
Leia- I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie.
Han Solo- I can arrange that! You need a good kiss! 

Darth Vader- I'm altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Leia- Well I guess you don't know everything about women yet. 

Han goes into asteroid field
Leia- You don't have to do this to impress me. 

Overall I do like A New Hope better but The Emperor Strikes back is definitely my second favorite. 

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite :)

    ALL THE SQUEEFUL WARM FLUFFY HILARIOUS BEAUTIFUL HAN AND LEIA MOMENTS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...