Thursday, December 24, 2015

Book Review- Charlotte's Web

For the Newberry challenge, What an Animal challenge the Mount TBR challenge and the Hard Core Re-Reading challenge I re-read E.B. White's Charlotte's Web.
Synopsis from Goodreads: Some Pig. Humble. Radiant. These are the words in Charlotte's Web, high up in Zuckerman's barn. Charlotte's spiderweb tells of her feelings for a little pig named Wilbur, who simply wants a friend. They also express the love of a girl named Fern, who saved Wilbur's life when he was born the runt of his litter.E. B. White's Newbery Honor Book is a tender novel of friendship, love, life, and death that will continue to be enjoyed by generations to come. 
This is a really sweet book. I really wanted to re-read it after my whole pig farm experience and then saving a piglet and brining it home and naming it Wilbur. Yes that sounds very similar to the story and that's because it was. I didn't realize how similar until I re-read the book. Wilbur did end up going to the butcher block though eventually so.... He didn't have a Charlotte.
I digress though.
I love the story of friendship depicted in this book. Charlotte was so self-sacrificing and it was truly beautiful. I liked the side characters too like Templeton and the goose. Fern kind of melts out of the story part way through though.
Overall this is a cute and classic children's story and quite enjoyable.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. This was my favorite book as a chjild. I read it over and over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It is definitely the kind of book that is easy to re-read over and over. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, I really like this book :D

    Huh, I hadn't thought about that, but you're right: Fern does kind of fade out of the story. And Templeton! For reasons unknown to me, I love Templeton ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so loveable despite bring a rat and not so nice... It's weird!

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...