Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Monday! A Very Geeky Christmas

I was so grateful to be able to get off work this Christmas. The plan was to go to Minnesota for Christmas but bad weather changed that plan. :( I hate snow. We still have a few Christmas festivities left with one side of the family to look forward to this week though.
Here's a few of my presents so far. :)

My sister and I in our very geeky T-shirts.
Her's is a Doctor Who T-shirt and mine is the
coolest T-shirt ever... it says "I'm the nightshift
I am Batnurse. Because Batman isn't the only
hero up all night." :D 

I got the most amazing gift from a friend! It's
an infinity scarf with a map of Middle Earth.
If you've followed my blog for awhile you'll
know how long and much I've wanted it! 
The beautiful poster my sister-in-law got for me.
I had to put a lot of magnets on it to hold it flat.
My book haul this Christmas! Two Agatha Christie novels,
Miniatures and Morals (I love this book!)  and a cookbook
from my favorite food blogger! 
A few knick knacks. A pocket sized first aid kit,
two ornaments from my parents, fingerless gloves
from my sister and candy canes (of course).

Currently Reading 

  • The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin- This is so good but very heady. I'm trying to diligently take notes on it though as I go along so hopefully my book review will be half completed by the time I'm done.  
  • Othello by William Shakespeare (audiobook)- I'm not as familiar with this Shakespeare play but so far so good. 

Finished this Past Week

  • Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (audiobook) (re-read)- I just can't get enough of Tilney... he cracks me up! Now I think I need to watch the movie again. 

Coming Soon 

This is just a rough idea as I have no clue what book will grip me first off for the beginning of the year! I'm just a little giddy at the thought of a new year of reading! 
  • The Complete Stories of Flannery O Conner by Flannery O Conner- I bought this either this year or last year (can't remember!) at Goodwill. It was a really lucky find. My mom likes her stories so I'm intrigued to see if I will as well. 
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange- I've never been thrilled with Jane Austen spinoffs but these are the ones I've heard the most good about so I'm going to give her Diary series a try starting with Mr. Darcy's Diary. 
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- Finally I'll get around to reading this! I even bought a copy to force myself too. ;)  

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I hate to do this again (with the spelling ;-)), but, but... That first caption!


    Anyway, are you a Batman fan? :^) Another one I haven't seen, but want to see the "new" movies -- I think Batman Begins is the first, before TDKR?

    Are those pictures from the summer?! Haha, I guess the snow was in MN... I didn't realize it was that warm anywhere here in the midwest; thought that was more East Coast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aghhh! Thanks though. I should proof read my posts more carefully.
      No I'm not exactly a Batman fan... I've never seen any of the movies. Batman and I is more of a ridiculous inside joke that goes so deeply I don't think there is any explaining it. At some point though I'd like to see the "new" movies as well.
      Winters in Kansas are unpredictable. So far we've had a pretty mild one. :)

      Delete
    2. No prob. :^)

      K, not a fan of Batman, just the reference!

      I think the "old" movies are too cheesy (really old) and/or lame (90s ones)...

      Yup, same here on both points. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love Sally's Baking Addiction! I'm dying to get my hands on that book and the Cookies & Cups one that's coming out soon. I also love the Tommy and Tuppence Agatha books - especially those two. Secret Adversary is probably one of my favorites of all her books. It's such a fun adventure story. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tommy and Tuppence books are so sweet! :) Secret Advesary is one of my favorites too. :)

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! :D

    You got the Middle-earth scarf?!?! YAYSIES! I'm so happy for you :D

    Ooooh, I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on Code Name Verity--I've heard conflicting things about it and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to read it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mostly good things about it. I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...