So what is the Classics Club spin? Basically you'll make a list of twenty books off of your classics club list in a blog post. This is your spin list. You then have to read one of those books before February 1, 2016. On December 7th the Classics Club will post a number from 1-20 which is the spin number and the book that corresponds to the number on your list of books is the one you'll read! I try to make it a bit of a challenge with listing books I'm really excited to read as well as including books I'm not quite as enthusiastic about. Be sure to check out the Classics Club's post about it HERE.
So here's my list!
Books I'm looking forward to!
1) The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
2) The Once and Future King by T.H. White
3) The Complete Stories of Flannery O Conner by Flannery O Conner
4) Waverley by Sir Walter Scott
5) The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Books I'm neutral about
6) Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
7) Adam Bede by George Elliot
8) The Mill on the Floss by George Elliot
9) Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
10) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Books I'm dreading (I've actually culled through my list a little this year and taken out some of the ones I just didn't think I'd like at all and didn't want to waste my time with... All that to say I'm just not really "dreading" any books majorly anymore)
11) The Divine Comedy by Dante
12) Dracula by Bram Stoker
13) Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
14) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
15) An American Tragedy by Theodor Dreiser
Shakespeare (Because I have a lot of Shakespeare on my Classics Club list... though I have gotten through a good chunk of them by now.)
16) The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
17) A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
18) The Tempest by William Shakespeare
19) Othello by William Shakespeare
20) Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
I'm excited to see which number gets picked!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin