Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Monday! Life After Crochet

This past Saturday there was a craft fair at my church that my little sister and I participated in by selling our crochet products. We spent a hectic amount of time preparing plus my normal work so I haven't really gotten enough sleep recently. However it was a lot of fun and we made more than I anticipated so all in all I'm glad we did it.

Betsy and I at the craft fair. Yes she's taller than me. :(

But on to reading because though I've been crocheting like crazy I've also kept up with my reading

Currently Reading

  • Beloved by Toni Morrison (I really dislike this book and want to be done with it) 
  • Charlotte's Web by E.B.White (re-read)

Finished this Week

  • Betsy-Tacy Go Downtown by Lucy Maud Montgomery (re-read) 

Coming Soon

  • Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
  • Othello by William Shakespeare 
Rebecca is the last book I have to "officially" finish in 2015 to complete my ridiculous number of reading challenges but I want to get a couple more books in after that. Othello is for the Classics Club spin.
I am trying to get all of my book reviews completed and published before Christmas. There's a lot in the stacks that just need to get brushed up a bit. 

To top off this post I have a couple funny memes I collected. :) 


Additionally I have a picture of some beautiful and unique bookmarks a friend of mine made for me. One has a Jane Austen quote and the other a P.G. Wodehouse quote. I use them all the time. :) 


Alright that's it for this post. I hope you all are having a great time preparing for Christmas and I hope and pray that you and I continue to keep our focus on God during the business of the season. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post!! So fun and what a TON of work! Did you get to watch any good long period dramas while your fingers were flying? :) I've been working on Christmas knitting and it's amazing how much faster the inches seem to appear when I'm able to do it while watching a good story. ;D

    And... quick question for you! I don't know if you saw my post about my upcoming 'Cinderella' party, but there are quite a few book titles still open and I was wondering if you think any of your literary readers might be interested in doing blog reviews for them?? Just a thought... :)

    (Oh, and here's the post again so you can look at it without having to go digging anywhere. :P http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/12/grand-new-years-party-reveal.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched a LOT of period dramas! That was the best part. :)
      I did see the Cinderella party... I'll have too look at it again though to refresh my memory.

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...