Saturday, December 26, 2015

Classic Doctor Who TV Reviews

Earlier this year while on the way to Colorado for a family ski trip, my cousin and I watched a few classic Doctor Who episodes. It was very interesting to see the roots of the modern day Doctor Who and look at how far it had come. Here's my reviews of them for the 42 Challenge.

An Unearthly Child

The very first episode of Doctor Who with William Hartnell playing the Doctor. It was so cool to see this episode and see where it all started. There's the introduction of the T.A.R.D.I.S. the first companion Susan (his granddaughter) and the whole Doctor Who world. There wasn't any alien involvement in it except a tiny peak into the next episode at the end of it. It was still quite enjoyable to experience it though. 

An Ark in Space

A fourth doctor episode with Tom Baker playing the Doctor and Sarah Jane as his companion. This is a very popular Tom Baker episode so that's why I chose it to watch but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It was funny in parts for sure and I love his scarf..... that thing is so long! The special effects are lacking... but that's not their fault. It is funny though that they used bubble wrap as the slug slime stuff in this one. I read that they chose bubble wrap as it was a new invention at that time and everyone thought it was so cool.... sadly bubble wrap does not look very cool or sci-fi nowadays. Overall it was enjoyable but I'd like to experience a different Tom Baker episode to see more of him... maybe Genesis of the Daleks.


See what I mean about he bubble wrap! 

Earthshock

A fifth doctor episode with Peter Davidson playing the Doctor. I liked this episode and I really liked Peter Davidson as the Doctor. I can see why he was David Tennant's favorite. It was interesting to see the older Cyberman... they look... different. The companions in this one are Nyssa, Tegan and Adric. 

Dragonfire

A seventh doctor episode with Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor. This was one of McCoy's first episodes as the Doctor and also introduced a new companion Ace. I liked McCoy as the Doctor a lot and I also really liked Ace. She was lots of fun. Mel Bush was also a companion in this episode. Overall I enjoyed Dragonflre.

I hope to see more Classic Who episodes in the future and especially explore some of the other Doctors. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...