Last autumn I started watching Doctor Who after months of being told to by my "friends" and "family". ;) Finally I relented and it now has become my favorite TV show. :) If you are lucky enough to be my friend on Facebook you will see that I talk as much about Dr. Who on there as I do about Jane Austen and J.R.R. Tolkien here one my blog. However, today my blog breaks that trend and gives you the top ten things I love about Dr. Who. Disclaimer right off the bat, this is the only sci-fi show I've ever watched and I'm actually not very familiar with Sci-fi in general (Star Wars, Ender's Game) so this is from a non-sci-fi geek who is just enjoying a great show. :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- Number one! The Doctor! Duh! It's kind of important if the main character is amazing! My favorite portrayal of the Doctor currently is that done by Matt Smith but I enjoy all of them. I enjoy the Doctor because he is compassionate, caring, fun and quite dorky. :)
- Then of course his great companions! My favorites are probably Amy and Rory followed by Clara and then Donna but I like Martha too. They're so caring but quirky in their own way but all with their own issues. It's great to see how they grow as characters throughout the story.
- The T.A.R.D.I.S. The space ship with an attitude!
- The Weeping Angles- That actually is more of a love-hate relationship. They're my favorite villains but oh my goodness they're scary! My Dad got us a weeping angel mask and I tell you what when you have a little sibling sneak up behind you wearing that and you unknowingly turn around and see that it is terrifying!
- The historical characters the Doctor meets- The historical character episodes aren't my absolute favorites but I do enjoy them... especially the Agatha Christie one as she is one of my favorite authors and the references throughout that episode are hilarious!
- River Song! Not really a companion but she belongs on this list somewhere so here she goes. River is one of my favorite characters in Doctor Who. She's an interesting compliment to the Doctor that I would have never conceived but really works. Some of my favorite lines from Doctor Who are from her including, "Spoilers" and "Hello Sweetie". I may or may not say "Hello Sweetie" when I answer my phone (only when I know the person obviously).
- The Silence- Great villains and I really get a kick out of all of those memes with them. Maybe those memes are actually what I really love about the Silence. P.S. For those Whovians reading this, I totally made tally marks on my arms for April 23rd!
- The Sonic Screwdriver- It can work on anything but wood!
- I also love the sanctity held for life in the show. That's refreshing to see.
- And finally I love Doctor Who because of the great witty writing that makes me laugh every episode. :)
I didn't know how on earth I can give you a good synopsis of the show so if you're absolutely confused right now, just watch the show! ;) Thanks for reading! :)Linking up with Mama Kat.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin