Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List

Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish today to give you my top ten books on my spring "to be read list". I'm actually participating in several reading challenge's so what I'm planning on  reading this spring is an accumulation of several different challenges. So here's what I'm "hoping" to get read this spring, excluding what I'm currently reading (The Children of Húrin).

  1. The Bridge Over the River Kwai by Piere Boulle... This is for my Back to the Classics challenge for the "a classic about war" section. 
  2. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens... This will be for my TBR Pile challenge. I have a couple of Dickens' books on my lists this year and I have been too daunted to start any of them yet. I have read a ton of his books in the past but not recently. 
  3. Gods and Generals by Jeff Shaara... This is for my TBR Pile challenge.
  4. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell... For my audiobook challenge and for my TBR Pile challenge. 
  5. The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare... For my audiobook challenge and Shakespeare challenge. I'm looking forward to this one. I've read a "children's version" of it before so I know the plot line but it will be fun to get the whole thing. I like audiobooks when it comes to Shakespeare because of the play format. 
  6. As You Like It by William Shakespeare... Another one for my audibook challenge and my Shakespeare challenge. 
  7. On the Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther... This will be for my Cloud of Witness's Challenge and my Non-fiction reading challenge. 
  8. Always Ready by Greg Bahnsen... This is for my Cloud of Witness's Challenge as well as for my Non-fiction challenge. 
  9. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss... This is for my Re-reading Challenge. I've been meaning to re-read this for years. It is a sad fact but I read it after growing up watching the movie so I had a hard time liking it when I read it, as the book and movie are different. I'm hoping revisiting it will bring about a love for the book. 
  10. Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame... For my Re-reading Challenge. 
If I get all of those done I'll make some great headway in my challenges. Some of those will also contribute to The Classics Club.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. I think it's cool how you have a lot of classics on this list! I should get to reading them as well, especially Shakespeare. Happy reading to you! :)

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of classics! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the classics... what can I say? ;)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oh, yay for re-reads and classics! I LOVE The Wind in the Willows!

    My TBR:
    http://abibliophilesstyle.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/top-ten-tuesday-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shakespeare is too heavy for me, but kudos to you for reading & understanding it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I always understand it but I do try. :) I go with more of the light comedies then the darker ones. Listening to an audiobook or watching a film version of them is far easier than actually reading them. They are plays after all and plays are meant to be watched. :)

      Delete
  5. Our Mutual Friend and North & South are two of my favourite books ever! Hope you enjoy them both :) And yay for Shakespeare :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I can't wait to get started. :)

      Delete
  6. The Swiss Family Robinson is awesome! Hope you enjoy all of your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list! I too read a lot of classics. North and South is fantastic. I read it a few years ago and fell in love. I am a big Martin Luther fan, though I haven't read any of his works for quite a while.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will definitely be following yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to read North and South. I enjoy the miniseries so I'm hopeful for the book. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...