Thursday, March 20, 2014

Five Friday Favorites: Favorite Contemporaries

I'm linking up with Book Badger to bring you a "Five Friday Favorites". The theme this week is "favorite contemporaries". As you well know, I tend to be a fan of the classics however, I do enjoy some contemporary novels so this isn't a hard list. :)

  1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling... all of them, I don't think I have a favorite. 
  2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak... a great book and a great movie. :)
  3. Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz... I've read two of Koontz's books so far and this is my favorite. It's fun and thought provoking as well as a good mystery. :)
  4. Redwall series by Brian Jacques... I cannot express how much I loved these books as a kid and how much I still love them as an adult. 
  5. The Binding of the Blades series by L.B. Graham... A great christian fantasy series. I like it in that it doesn't try to copy other franchises (LOTR) but it is fairly original (you can only be so original anymore). It has a good story, good fantasy and good christian values. 
Special mention for Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card. They aren't exactly contemporary but they're not classics so...
P.S. I knew I just changed my blog layout. I tend to do that every random once and a while. For someone who hates change, I do change that quite a bit. :) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking part Lois! I'd never considered Harry Potter a contemporary book before but it really does fit in well with the genre and I myself have attempted to The Book Thief but we sadly never hit it off. I haven't heard of the others, but I shall have to check them out. Thank you again :)
    Amanda - Book Badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember how long ago it was when the first of the Harry Potter books was published but the last ones were published at least recently(ish). ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love the Harry Potter books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I didn't even think of Harry Potter as contemporary, but if I had then it would definitely make my list as it's my favourite series EVER! And HP usually always sneaks onto my lists. Nice list :) My FFF list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Harry Potter spanned some time. I don't quite recall when the last book came out but it was longer then I want to admit.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of the Binding of the Blades series, but I can't pass up Christian fantasy. It's now on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...