Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Movie Review: The Book Thief

I finally got around to seeing the movie of The Book Thief a few weeks ago and I very much enjoyed it. In my opinion, the book was good... four stars leaning towards five. However, the movie, in my opinion, was even better. Before you burn me at the stake, let me explain myself. There were parts in the book that I didn't appreciate very much... I thought the book would be better without them. The reason I liked the movie better was that it didn't include those parts. That's just my opinion though. :)
The acting was incredibly done and the characters came alive for me. I especially loved the boy who played Rudy... I always liked the character of Rudy. Of course Geoffery Rush as Hans Huberman was spectacular.
Commenting on the storyline would really be commenting on the book's storyline. However, I enjoy the story told of discovering the wonder of books.
The cinematography was excellent and the music by John Williams was good.
Overall an excellent and enjoyable movie. I went and watched it with my brother and friend, neither who had read the book so I enjoyed seeing their reactions. Since I knew what was going to happen, I didn't cry at the end, though I might have teared up a little... just a little.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. The kid who plays Rudy was adorable and perfect for the role. I also loved his character in the book. And agreed, Geoffrey Rush is always outstanding and I just loved him as Hans :D Yay that you posted your review up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...