Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bookish and not so Bookish Thoughts (Post Test Stress)


  1. I'm tired... Spring break was supposed to be relaxing but I came out of it very tired. :( Theme of my life. 
  2. I got lots of reading done last week though! I exceeded my goal for the month by one book early which makes me happy. That was a first. :)
  3. Finally I got my review for Anthony Trollope's The Warden published. Read it here. :) 
  4. I also published my review of Tolkien's The Children of Húrin. Check that out here! :)
  5. The other day I started reading Dean Koontz's book Odd Thomas. I'm just a few chapters into it but I'm enjoying it immensely. I love his writing style, it's quirky and humorous. I've read a couple of his other books before and enjoyed those as well. I'm thinking I should pick up more of his books sometime when I'm not so busy (haha). 
  6. As you can see from the title of my post, I'm experiencing post test stress. I had a test yesterday that I am very thankful to have over but wish I could have done better on. That's how it goes though isn't it?
  7. I started listening to Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South last week and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've already watched the miniseries so it's interesting to compare them. There are some differences, but thankfully not major ones because y'all know how I get about differences between books and movies. ;)
  8. It's the final stretch of school for this semester and I'm just stressed out so instead of doing my school I just sit and write blog posts. Very productive. 
  9. I think I found the perfect reading chair the other day. It was incredibly comfortable. :) I didn't care for the colors (big purple flours on a navy back ground... kind of gaudy) at all but besides that I want it! 
  10. P.S. Don't wake up at four o clock the day of your test to study or else you come out super hyper the next day.
Linking up with Bookishly Boisterous

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO thankful to be out of school and finished with tests! I don't envy you!

    Since you like Austen, I thought you might like my latest post!
    http://she-read.blogspot.com/2014/03/etsy-finds-mad-about-austen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I can't wait to check out your post. :)
      I am looking forward to next may when I graduate. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you did well on your test. Fun thoughts today. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9- reupholster it!

    #10- I remember all the crazy plans I'd concoct about studying when I was in college and then working on my teaching credential. You end up bargaining and bribing yourself and then totally crashing at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to reupholster. :) I'm not sure I'm that creative but I'll bet I could do it if I put my mind to it.
      Yep, studying just drains you and pulls you in all directions. :(

      Delete
  4. North & South <333 Glad to hear you're enjoying it (the miniseries is just amazing as well)

    Post test stress is never fun =S Good luck with the rest of your semester! :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...