Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review: The Comedy of Errors

When it comes to Shakespeare I always prefer the comedies. The Taming of the Shrew and Much Ado About Nothing are my favorites of his plays. However, now having read The Comedy of Errors it is right up there with them. It's just tons of lighthearted comedy that I'm sure would be even more fun to watch.

It tells the story of two sets of twins, one set the gentry the other their menservants, who are separated  (one gentry with one manservant and the other gentry with the other manservant) when very young by adverse circumstances. Years later they end up unknowingly in the same city and chaos ensues when they are repeatedly confused for each other. Of course all ends well. :)

I loved the humor and I loved the storyline. If you've read any P.G. Wodehouse, it reminded me a lot of one of his books. I was listening to it via Librivox so sometimes it was a little confusing as to who was who (I wasn't as confused as the characters in the story though!). However, I still always recommend that if you want to read Shakespeare, listen to it. So overall I enjoyed it and recommend it as a fun and lighthearted comedy. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...