Thursday, March 27, 2014

Five Friday Favorites: Favorite Book Covers

I don't normally judge books by covers, mostly because in my family we had library bound books that we got from library book sales. However, there are some book covers that I am quite fond of. :)
Linking up with Book Badger.

This just has an epic feel about it. A very Lord of
the Ringish feel. :) Mysterious, and magical.

                     
I know there is nothing fancy about this but when I look at this cover
it envokes a feeling that I am about ready to read an epic tale of legends and mythology.

My favorite cover of the Redwall series.
There is nothing cooler than a squirrel in
a kilt and with a scottish accent. :)

I adore this cover of Anne of Green Gables. It think
it so well captures the story. With Matthew driving
Anne to Green Gables, quiet and flustered, and Anne,
talking and optimistic with her red braids. :)

This is the cover for Little Women that I grew
up with and I've always loved it just for the
sentimentality I associate with it. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. You're quite a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and that's fantastic, and my favourite here has to the edition of The Silmarillion, it just looks so beautiful and it really does look epic! Rakkety Tam sounds quite funny and interesting, so I may have to look that up a little. Thank you for taking part! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am a big fan. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I love that cover for The Silmarillion, it's simplistic but beautiful. I adore that Anne of Green Gables cover, it really does capture the book so well :) My FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I have very sentimental feelings about a good number of those covers. :)

      Delete
  3. Great choices! My favourite is definitely that edition of The Silmarillion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that cover of Little Women too. The artist, Jessie Willcox Smith, is one of my favorite children's book illustrators. :)
    I did my top 5 book covers for Top Five Tuesday today:
    http://abibliophilesstyle.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/top-five-tuesday-book-covers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've read other books with her illustrations... Now I'm wondering. :)

      Delete
    2. Heidi and Water Babies are some of her most well known, but she did a lot. She also created the poster for the very first Children's Book Week in 1921!
      http://www.bookweekonline.com/about

      Delete
  5. I think I need that hardback copy of The Silmarillion in my life now. It's gorgeous! *stares at it in awe*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the blue and gold combination!

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...