Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: All Time Favorite Books in the Fantasy Genre

The link up for today at The Broke and the Bookish was "All time favorite books in X genre". I chose fantasy as that's probably my favorite reading genre. :) While it is my favorite genre I haven't actually read tons of books in that genre so we'll see if I get a list of ten. And these are in no way in any order, though LOTR is definitely number one.

  1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (duh)
  2. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  3. The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
  4. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  5. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
  6. Redwall series by Brian Jacques
  7. Eragon by Christopher Paolini (first one is good but I don't really care for the others)
  8. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander
  9. The Wizard of Oz series by L. Frank Baum
  10. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll
We'll I did come up with ten, though I wasn't exactly consistent with how I listed them (some I listed series, some I listed single titles). I'm so afraid I missed something obvious but who knows. I went scrolling through lists of fantasy books which jogged my memory. I almost forgot certain books/series were fantasy. :)

P.S. I know I said I'd announce the winners for my giveaway today. Please know I haven't forgotten... I am going to post it later on today. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. The Horse and His Boy is one of my favourites, too. My absolute favourite of the series is The Magician's Nephew, though, I'll always have a soft spot for that. New follower, hi!

    Under The Mountain's Top Ten Dystopias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I can't wait to check out your blog! :)
      Now that I think of it, I wish I had included The Magician's Nephew. I do like it better then LWW but nothing can beat The Horse and His Boy. :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! Yay for everything Tolkien <3 For some reason I never got around to C.S. Lewis' books; I remember picking it up in the library but then didn't get around to it on time and then had to return it *blushes* My brother grew up enjoying Brian Jacques' Redwall books (I read one, as I recall, and enjoyed that title enough; been meaning to read the other books on his shelf, lol).

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you get away with not reading The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe? ;)

      Delete
  3. that's a great list. All but two would make my all time favorite fantasy list. I've never cared for Alice in Wonderland and Paolini made me gag :( kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was running short on titles in my memory so I added Paolini in. :) Not my favorite but good in its own right. :)

      Delete
  4. Redwall! I forgot about Redwall. I LOVED that series. Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redwall was probably my favorite series growing up and i still enjoy them now, though I actually haven't read any of them within the last year or so.

      Delete
  5. Redwall!!! I absolutely adored that series. Still do, in fact. I'd love to get a chance to reread it someday... when my TBR pile is a little less *looming*, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. :) I used to reread them all aout once a year butI haven't recently. I need to get back to them. :)

      Delete
  6. Great list!

    New Bloglovin/GFC' follower. :)

    I never heard of the Redwall series, but I looked it up on Goodreads, and I think I'm going to check it out! :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! You might now enjoy them as much now that you're older but I would still highly recommend them. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...