Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bookish (i.e. geeky) and not so Bookish (i.e. my life) Thoughts

Linking up with Bookishly Boisterous for Bookish and not so Bookish Thoughts. :)

On the walk eBeth and I took. 
  1. My grandfather (not the one I staid with for a time) went to be with the Lord a couple days ago. It's been kind of a hectic time these last couple days as we get ready to travel to the funeral. As much as this is an upsetting time, I find it very providential that it happened now, when I was on break, so that I am able to go up for the funeral. 
  2. I finally got my review up of The Book Thief... check it out here. :)
  3. It's been spring break and I've been having fun. eBeth came over for a couple days and we got to watch Frozen again as some Doctor Who and other movies/TV shows together. We also got to go on a beautiful long walk out in the country. :)
  4. In case you missed it in my Monday post, I did finish up listening to The Warden and reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. Check out my review of The Picture of Dorian Gray here.
  5. The other afternoon eBeth, my brother and I went to the library and of course I had to check out books. I got a little carried away and checked out four books, one of which was a collection of three books! Those books were not on any list of mine, so not a priority, but yet I checked them out. What did I check out? Curtain by Agatha Christie, a collection of stories by Mary Westcott (Agatha Christie's pseudonym in her early years) Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, and Roverandom by J.R.R. Tolkien. 
  6.  Last evening I started reading Curtain. It is the last of the Poirot novels. At the time I checked it out, I couldn't remember reading it, but on the other hand I wasn't sure still if I had read it because I thought I had read all of Christie's books. Now that I've started it, as far as I can remember I have not read it. 
  7. The weather is continuing to cooperate here. Currently it is fifty with a high of 76! I'll have to take my studying outside today. :)
  8. I think playing my Scrabble app on my phone is hurting my chances in Bananagrams as there are words that the app allows that aren't in our "official" dictionary (we have to agree on a dictionary to use and it isn't the recently updated electronic version). So I always try to use those in Bananagrams in the heat of the moment and that doesn't turn out so well. :(
  9. At the moment I'm feeling more of the want to read (Curtain to be exact) then to study, which is what I should be doing. I have a test next week! 
  10. Finally, if you aren't already following me on Goodreads I'd love it if you were! My Goodreads account is what I wish my Facebook account looked like. It holds all of my important information like books I've read, authors I like, my favorite books, ect. Anyways, this is the link to my profile. :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    I'll check out your Goodreads :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to you and your family, Lois :(

    Adding you on GoodReads! :) Glad to hear you had a wonderful spring break :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...