Thursday, March 13, 2014

Favorite Childhood Snacks

As a kid I was the skinniest little kid you'd ever seen. I ran around outside all summer long and got a tan without even knowing or trying. I could also eat whatever I wanted and never have to worry about the consequences. Oh my life has changed!
Today I'm linking up with Mama Kat to write about my ten favorite snacks growing up that I definitely could not get away with eating as much of now. :)
  1. Apples... these continue to be a favorite of mine.
  2. Popcorn... Probably my favorite snack then and now. And some butter and salt and we're set!
  3. Cheese sticks... cause you know cheese is amazing. We didn't get cheese sticks very often so these were always a special treat for me. :)
  4. My mom's bread... I ate that breakfast, lunch, supper and every minute in between. Because it is whole wheat I trick myself into believing I can eat as much as I want. It's so good you see! 
  5. Any candy bars... we didn't get a whole lot of those growing up either so I treasured every bite. 
  6. Pop... mostly root beer when I was young. As kids we didn't get pop at home but we had it when we were out sometimes. 
  7. Guacamole... pretty much heaven on earth. 
  8. Strawberry or blueberry smoothies... that was always a special treat our mother would whip up for us in the blender. 
  9. Cookies, cakes, brownies, ect. Loved them then and I still do now. It's a curse.
  10. Ice cream... cookies n' cream and chocolate chip cookie dough... enough said.
And that, my friends, is how I got to my current weight. ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Popcorn is definitely one of my weeknesses and don't even get me started on cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is making me hungry! I'm still an ice cream fan, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Ice cream fan till death do us part!

      Delete
  3. Fun list. What no graham crackers? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot those! S'mores for forever! :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...