Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ten Books I Plan To Have In My "Beach Bag" This Summer

I know I've dropped off the face of the blogosphere since last Tuesday but I was away since Thursday spending Memorial Day weekend celebrating my cousins' graduation up in Michigan. I honestly haven't opened my computer since then until now. So what I read then and all that happened will come in a later post but in short it was a lot of fun and I did read on the long car trip. :)
So today's theme at Broke and Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday is the top ten books I plan to have in my hypothetical beach bag this summer.
  1. Emma by Jane Austen (re-read)- I'm going to be hosting a Read-a-long for this book coming up pretty soon so stay tuned! It is the 200th anniversary of it's being published this year so I thought it was fitting. :)
  2. Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens- I try to read a Dickens every year so here's my installment! :)
  3. How Green was my Valley by Richard Llewyln
  4. Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw- I'm so excited about reading this! I've loved My Fair Lady for years and it's based off of Pygmalion. :)
  5. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander (re-reads)- So excited to re-read this series! It was a favorite growing up! 
  6. Germinal by Emile Zola- My first Emile Zola book! I'll see how I like it. :)
  7. That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis- About time I finished this trilogy! I think I've read one book each year since I started it! :(
  8. Swallows and Amazons and others by Arthur Ransom (re-reads)- Summer seems the perfect time to read these stories about sailing! Yes I'm already working on the first one with my little brother but there are many more to go in the series! 
  9. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee- Getting excited for this one! Not expecting another To Kill a Mockingbird but I think it will be good. :)
  10. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White (re-read)- What better time for a farm story than the summer?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read Pygmalion. I love My Fair Lady. Emma's on my TBR as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, great list! Happy read-along with Emma. I also have one of Emile Zola's novels on my TBR list (Thérèse Raquin) and I hope to read it at some point.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we'll get to compare notes on Emile Zola. :)

      Delete
  3. You have several books on here that are currently on my TBR!!! Let me know when you do the Emma read a long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I can't wait for Go Set a Watchman!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I need to reread Charlotte's Web! It's been a couple years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Emma read-along sounds fun! That's one I've had in mind, too, for awhile. My reading time's pretty maxed out at the moment, but when the time comes I may very definitely be interested! ;)

    Also, I've just tagged you with the 10 Favorite Film Characters Tag here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/05/100th-post-and-10-favorite-film.html. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to remind you when the time comes. :)

      Delete
  7. Great list! Your read-a-long sounds great!

    My TTT:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, an Emma readalong? Count me in! I also need to revisit Prydain in the near future. Good choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Jane A. but I saw the movie version of Emma, and I have to say I liked the humor of it (I'm assuming the book is less a comedy and more complex), so I'm kinda tempted to try it. :) It would be nice to read the original. And I haven't read CS Lewis other than the Narna - which I loved as a kid. The Horse and His Boy and Dawn Treader were faves of mine- I like to revisit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should read Jane Austen! No excuses! ;) In my opinion, Jane Austen's books are just as witty as the movies. She was a great writer.

      Delete
  10. Cool list! Hmm, maybe I'll participate in that Emma read along. I haven't read it before, but I was planning to eventually, so maybe this'll be the perfect time:)

    Pygmalion! I bought this cool book awhile ago that includes both Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, so it's fun to flip through them:D

    I need to finish Lewis's Space trilogy, too:-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read Emma? Unacceptable! ;)
      That does sound like a cool book and it would be interesting to compare notes. :)
      We can finish it together. ;)

      Delete
  11. I've never read Jane A. but I saw the movie version of Emma, and I have to say I liked the humor of it (I'm assuming the book is less a comedy and more complex), so I'm kinda tempted to try it. :) It would be nice to read the original. And I haven't read CS Lewis other than the Narna - which I loved as a kid. The Horse and His Boy and Dawn Treader were faves of mine- I like to revisit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reading list. I read all of Jane Austen's books again last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will have a look for your read-along.

    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...