Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday- Freebie

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is a freebie so I'm going with my Top Ten Literary Couples! :)
When I'm reading a book or watching a movie a lot of what I look for in a couple is respect and a great sense of humor. :) I think that is reflected in this list. :)
Obviously I couldn't just stop at ten! So here you go in on particular order!
  1. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  2. Jane Bennet and Mr. Bingley from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  3. Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  4. Eowyn and Faramir from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
  5. Henry Tilney and Catherine Morland from Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey
  6. Mr. Knightley and Emma Wodehouse from Jane Austen's Emma
  7. Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram from Jane Austen's Mansfield Park
  8. Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion
  9. Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferris from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility
  10. Marianne Dashwood and Colonel Brandon from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility
  11. Molly Gibson and Roger Hamley from Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughers
  12. Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe from L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables and others
  13. Arthur Clenham and Amy Dorrit from Charles Dickens' Little Dorrit
  14. Mr. Thornton and Margaret Hale from Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South
  15. Beatrice and Benedict from William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing
  16. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series
  17. Sir Percival Blakeney and Marguerite St. Just from Emmuska Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel 
And for the fun of it.... movie and TV show favorites as well! 
  1. Parker and Hardison from the TV show Leverage
  2. Amy and Rory from the TV show Doctor. Who
  3. The Doctor and River Song from the TV show Doctor. Who
  4. Martha and Mickey from the TV show Doctor. Who
  5. Nick and Nora from the Thin Man movies
  6. Han Solo and Princess Leia from the Star Wars movies
  7. G.W. McLintock and Katy McLintock from the movie McLintock
  8. Patty and Canoe from the movie That Darn Cat
  9. Marjorie Winfield and Bill Sherman from the movies On Moonlight Bay and By the Light of the Silvery Moon.
  10. Dr. Bradford and Paula Bradford in the movie The Ex-Mrs. Bradford
I'm sure I missed some great ones so comment and remind me! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

  1. Love all of the couples you mentioned in the literary portion of your list! Great topic of choice for this week's TTT :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great couples of course but I was most pleased to see Martha and Mickey. I was so happy when that happened as I always liked both characters and thought they deserved better. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did deserve better! It totally surprised me when they got together but I loved it!

      Delete
  3. So glad to see there are great unions still being made...at least in literature. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute topic!! Who doesn't like romance and literary couples?

    Here's the link to my Top Ten Tuesday post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-sexy-male-characters-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your choice for Beatrice and Benedict, they made me laugh a great deal! My favourite from Pride and Prejudice is Mr & Mrs Bennet actually, for sheer comedy value again. I would have to add Tonks and Lupin too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about including Mr. and Mrs. Bennet just for laughs!
      Tonks and Lupin are sweet too. :)

      Delete
  6. What a great topic! So many excellent couples. I'd have to agree that #1 is the best. xxx

    I would add Jo March & her man, whom I shall not name lest you haven't read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read it and good choice! I do love them together. :)

      Delete
  7. This is a great list. There are some books here that I still need to read though.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great topic - I love how you included tv shows - Yay for Doctor Who!
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some good choices there! It's interesting that you put Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner in. Next time I read P&P I will have to pay closer attention to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner so much! Especially in the movie! :)

      Delete
  10. This list is perfection. I just got sad thinking of Amy and Rory. It was bound to happen.
    Loving all the Jane Austen mentions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bound to happen. :( But there ending was so perfect!
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  11. Great choice for TTT :) Love those literally couples - agree with all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that's a few more than 10. ;) But how could you possibly narrow it down when there are so many great couples in Jane Austen's books?

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...