Thursday, May 28, 2015

20 Books of Summer 2015

Technically I should probably be listing this with my other reading challenges but because it's only a summer challenge and I'm lazy I decided not to. ;)
This challenge is hosted by 746 Books and you can see more information HERE.
Listed below are the books I plan to read from June 1st to September 4th. They are separated out by first time reads and re-reads. I'd love to finish all of Arthur Ransom's series but I just listed the ones that fit into the 20 constraint. Since a majority of these are re-reads, I suspect they'll be pretty quick but I guess we'll see! :) Hopefully I'll finish what I planned to read and get done with the rest of the series too plus more! Well... I suppose I shouldn't be too ambitious. ;)
  1. Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens
  2. How Green was My Valley by Richard Lewellyn
  3. Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw
  4. Germinal by Emile Zola
  5. That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
  6. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
  7. The Book of Three Lloyd Alexander (re-read)
  8. The Black Cauldron Lloyd Alexander (re-read)
  9. The Castle of Llyr Lloyd Alexander (re-read)
  10. Taran Wanderer Lloyd Alexander (re-read)
  11. The High King by Lloyd Alexander (re-read)
  12. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott (re-read) (audiobook)
  13. Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott (re-read) (audiobook) 
  14. Emma by Jane Austen  (re-read) (audiobook... maybe) 
  15. Swallowdale by Arthur Ransom  (re-read)
  16. Peter Duck by Arthur Ransom  (re-read)
  17. Winter Holiday by Arthur Ransom (re-read)
  18. Coot Club by Arthur Ransom (re-read)
  19. Pigeon Post by Arthur Ransom  (re-read)
  20. We Didn't Mean to go to Sea by Arthur Ransom (re-read)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Little Men is adorable! I don't know if it's a reread for you, but I really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which audio version of Emma are you considering? I listened to Juliet Stevenson's recording of Northanger Abbey and really liked her narration. I think she's recordedmost, if not all, of Austen's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My state library has a couple versions available... I'm not sure who the narrators are.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, maybe I should make this list! I'm trying to alternate new books with rereads, and sometimes I'm stumped for the best next read, so it might be helpful:)

    Anyway, I like your list! How Green Was My Valley sounds familiar...I LOVE the title!

    I don't know the majority of these books, but the ones I do are awesome picks!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there's a film version of it with Maureen O'Hara. I haven't seen it yet but my mom likes it.

      Delete
  4. Go Set A Watchman!!
    I tried to think of all the books I would be wanting to read between now and Sept through yearly challenges etc...but I forgot this new release.
    Looks like my list just grew to 21!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Set A Watchman!!
    I tried to think of all the books I would be wanting to read between now and Sept through yearly challenges etc...but I forgot this new release.
    Looks like my list just grew to 21!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just popped over from Cathy's blog to meet another summer challenger. Wow! That's an ambitious list with some great reads on it. I haven't decided whether to read Go Set a Watchman yet till I see some reviews, so I'll be looking out for that one particularly. Have a great reading summer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be getting it from the library... definitely won't be buying it right off but I'd like to read it before reading reviews I think so I can form my own opinion. Normally I like to read books and then read the reviews.... it depends though. :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't put Go Set A Watchman on my list but as I started by listing 10 there is still time - Good luck with the challenge you have some great choices on your list.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...