Monday, May 18, 2015

It's Monday! And Life Goes On...

It's hard to imagine life outside of school when you're in the mist of it and even when you're just taking a break for the summer all you can think about is the next semester's school load. So now, even with being done with my associates, it still doesn't feel quite freeing. Partly because I'm diligently (lol) preparing for the NCLEX (nursing state boards) and partly because I know that eventually I'll most likely go on and get my bachelors. However, I have discovered that in this beautiful respite I have right now, that life does go on outside of school. I'm enjoying reading more and watching all the movies/TV shows that I've foregone for studying. I finished watching one of my new favorite TV shows Leverage last week and now I'm working on the last couple seasons of Psych. I broke off watching Psych a couple years ago at the end of season six and I'm just now getting back to it. I've heard these last couple seasons aren't as good anyways but I'd still like to finish it. After that I'm unsure... I'm torn between Stargate: SG-1 and Call the Midwife. I know I'd love them both so I just can't decide!
Anyways... reading!

Finished this Week

  • The Fearsome Inn by Isaac Bashevis Singer
  • Zlateh the Goat and other stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer
  • When Shlemiel went to Warsaw and other stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer

Currently Reading

  • Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- Read-a-long is going well and so far I haven't fallen behind. ;)
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (re-read) (audiobook)- Such a fun re-read and beautiful to hear narrated by Barbara Caruso. 
  • Trusting God by Jerry Bridges- Really good! Getting close to the end. I'm trying to take it slowly and not rush it because I don't want to lose any of the deeper points in my rush. 
  • Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransom (re-read)- Reading aloud to my brother. No more progress this week. I had a cold so my throat couldn't tolerate it. :(
  • The Valley of Vision- I'm getting close to being done with this one too! This is one of my new favorite books and I could not recommend it more highly! It is a beautiful collection of Puritan prayers. My parents gave it to me for my birthday at the beginning of the year and since then I've been reading one or two prayers every night when I read my Bible. It had been a huge blessing in my life. 

Reviews posted this week



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations- and good luck with your nursing boards! That must be a good feeling- and it's always nice when you're done and can do some fun things, like read. I've never seen Stargate SG-1 but I kinda like the movie and always wondered about the spinoff shows- I like the concept lot.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I need to watch the movie too! I'm only ever seen Stargate: Atlantis but I loved it!

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...