Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ten of my Top Five/four Star Reads I've Read Recently

The theme for this week's Top Ten Tuesday is ten of my top five star reads that I've read recently. So I realized that I've not rated a lot of books five stars so far this year. Looking over the books I've read so far it's because while they were almost five star quality there was always some little thing (bad language or something like that) that held me back from giving it the full five stars. so I'm going to include some of those top four star reads as well.
  1. Gathering Blue and Son by Lois Lowry- five stars each
  2. Othello by William Shakespeare- five stars 
  3. What Does the Bible Really Teach about Homosexuality by Kevin DeYoung- five stars
  4. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery- five stars 
  5. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- four stars
  6. Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange (really most all of her diary series)- four stars
  7. Matilda by Roald Dahl- four stars
  8. The Martian by Andy Weir- four stars
  9. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- four stars 
  10. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton- four stars 
These are the books I would highly recommend this year so far. I've read some great ones this year. :) Reviews are linked so be sure to read them before you read the book so you'll know what you're getting into. :) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh Code Name Verity is my EVERYTHING. I might've bawled my eyes out in that book. Omggg. *flails* And are you going to read Rose Under Fire?! It is equally amazing (I think I like it slightly better? But only by a smidge). I actually haven't rated a lot of books 5-stars this year. :O I think I'm getting pickier the more I read...oops. XD Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read it eventually... Hopefully this year. :)

      Delete
    2. I love how almost all of the bloggers I've dropped by at for this week's TTT have mentioned that they don't give 5-stars out easily; glad to know I'm not the only one ;) Anyway, great list, you mentioned some great titles that I enjoyed to. Also glad to hear that you've been enjoying Amanda Grange's Austen heroes diary series, I have yet to get around to the other books :)

      My TTT

      Delete
    3. I have become a lot more selective just in the last couple years. It's been realizing the difference between a good book, a great book and my favorite book ever.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see Matilda on your list, one of my favourites too :) I keep meaning to read the Martian as well!

    My TTT: http://whenitdoes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read the Martian and then try the movie if you haven't already!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of the books on your TTT list this week. Time to add more book titles to my ever growing reading wishlist!! Happy reading to you!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/5-of-my-latest-five-star-reads-5-of-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never actually read the sequels to The Giver. I should probably do that one of these days....

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...