Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Places Books have made me want to Visit

Now this is a subject I feel passion about! Best part of it is that it can be real or (bum bum bum) FICTIONAL!!!!
  1. Middle Earth- Read Lord of the Rings and oh my I just want to go there! The movies' beautiful scenery doesn't help my longing. 
  2. England- All of Jane Austen's novels and any other novels set there. I want to go there so bad!!!!!!!
  3. Oz- From of course The Wonderful Wizard of Oz series. Those were my favorites as a kid! 
  4. Hogwarts- From the Harry Potter series. :)
  5. Redwall, Salamandastron, ect- From Brian Jacques's Redwall series Another favorite from when I was young. 
  6. Scotland- From G.A. Henty's In Freedom's Cause
  7. Botswana- From The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
  8. Mary Poppin Land- Is that a place? Just wherever Mary Poppins goes... it's always amazing! 
  9. Narnia- From C.S. Lewi's Chronicles of Narnia
  10. Neverland- From J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan. I'd never have to grow up! Wishful thinking I know. However, growing up I must do, much as I do not want to. On a more serious note, I think a serious problem with our society is people never wanting to grow up. Thoughts on that?
So many of these are fictional... obviously I'm not fond of reality. ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

  1. HOGWARTS! How in the world could I forget that. STUPID ME.

    And Botswana too! I love those books.
    (Though frankly, I don't think I'd want to be going anywhere in Africa now with all the Ebola freakouts, but once that's taken care of, I'd love to go!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I agree. Once Ebola has died down then we take the trip! ;)

      Delete
  2. Botswana! Wish I'd thought of that as I've just finished reading the latest Ladies Detective Agency book.

    And Hogwarts too, that's definitely one that made my list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not up to date on the Ladies Detective Agency books unfortunately but I loved all of the ones I read.

      Delete
  3. Hogwarts! I think that's be on all most every list! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have listed Neverland, but it would have felt a little like cheating since I haven't read the book yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to read it! I just re-read Peter Pan recently and I still really enjoyed it as an adult. :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, Neverland, wish I had thought of that one. Good list and many happy places to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of the fantastical life too. I love your list today. Thanks for dropping by. Have a nice week! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fantastical life is just so much more fun than reality! ;)

      Delete
  7. Middle Earth and Narnia- and Salamandastron too! Redwall has so many great locations. Would love to visit in that world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd take Middle Earth first and then Redwall! It would be so cool! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm kicking myself for not adding Narnia to my list. What a neat place to visit. Thanks for stopping by The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. England!! Yes!!

    You've read In Freedom's Cause!!! It's one of my favorite books. I love G.A. Henty!! But sometimes his books are hard to get into...

    FOR NARNIA!!!

    Neverland!! And the mermaid's lagoon!! I have tried to get there many times by closing my eyes like the book said ;)

    Lovely list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read so many G.A. Henty books as a kid. They inspired my love for history. :)

      Delete
  10. I'd love to visit the Botswana from the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. It sounds like such a nice place to live. And England. And Redwall. Gah, I love pretty much all the places on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) There were so many great places I could think of.

      Delete
  11. Great list! I read Mary Poppins last year and just didn't connect with it for some reason. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the 2nd. I'm very much looking forward to reading Peter Pan though. England, Middle Earth, Hogwarts and Narnia definitely sound like a fun trip! The closest I've gotten is the Hogwarts at Universal in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I liked Mary Poppins better with a re-read, sometimes that's just how I work though. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...