Saturday, October 4, 2014

Book Review- Becoming Jane: The Wit and Wisdom of Jane Austen

When I first saw this book at the library and especially with it's cover picture being from the movie Becoming Jane I immediately wrote it off. However, later I came back to it, just to flip through it and then I realized that it was actually a collection of quotes from Jane Austen's books and letters. So I checked it out. Reading it was pretty much like reading one of Austen's books only you additionally got some very hilarious and insightful quotes from letters she wrote to her sister and other relatives. It was fun to read a nice collection of some of the best of Austen's book quotes without having to read all of the books... not that I am discouraging reading all of her books at all! Reading that actually made me want to re-read them all. What I mean though is that it was a nice substitute for someone who doesn't have tons of time at the moment. :)
So all in all a nice fun read for any Jane Austen lover. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds interesting! I've enjoyed Austen's books but don't know very much about her as an actual person. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...