Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten New Series (Books) I Want to Start

If you've been following my blog for awhile you'll know that I don't really read new books... I just don't. So this list of my top ten new series books I want to start is more of a hypothetical "if I had to read a new book this is what I would read" kind of list, though some of these I do think maybe someday I'll read. Don't get me wrong, I do read some modern books, but not a ton. The old stuff is pretty much always better. :)

  1.  Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
  2. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker- This is a book that I actually do want to read
  3. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)- Passively interested in reading this just because it's J.K. Rowling. 
  4. The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan
  5. Earth Afire by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston- Looks like a spin off of Ender's Game with Mazer Rackham... this I could actually seriously be interested in reading. 
  6. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer- Actually kind of interested in reading these... I've heard a lot of good things about them. 
  7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  8. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
  9. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
  10. Elizabeth is Missing- the psychological part from a nursing perspective kind of intrigues me. 
So do you all have any advice for modern books for someone who is almost strictly a classics reader? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Yes to Fangirl and The Golem and the Jinni! Both were fantastic reads; the former was a favourite read from last year and the latter a favourite from this year :) lol and the Lunar Chronicles also made my list this week ;) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested to try them all out... If I have the time. :)

      Delete
  2. I want to read Orphan Train also. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be curious to hear your opinion of We Were Liars if you ever read it. It's a quick read but the prose is so very different from the older books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt recommended it to me and the synopsis intrigued me. :)

      Delete
  4. I just posted a Sunday Salon about the books that I still recommend years after reading them. But the one that I always try to force on people is Silk by Alessandro Baricco (it's in the post for sure). It's a gorgeous book.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...