Monday, February 8, 2016

It's Monday! Reading and Dancing!



It was a good week overall. I floated to a different unit at work for the first time. I've been terrified of this for awhile but actually it went well. To be honest it was kind of slow so I ended up reading a good quarter of The Old Curiosity Shop during that night. On Saturday some of my siblings and I went Contra dancing, one of my favorite pastimes. It's so much fun plus a workout. :) Now as a reader and a dancer you might suppose I'm straight out of an Austen novel... well obviously! ;)
And one more thing before I get into my reading week but Ashley at A-Z is having a Laura Ingalls Blog Party this week so be sure to go check it out HERE

Currently Reading

New teacups set that were a hand me down
gift from a friend! :)
  • Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin- Still ploughing through this one. It's so good but so long! 
  •  Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss (re-read) (audiobook)- Finally re-reading this one. It wasn't my favorite when I first read it years ago so I'll see how I like it this time. 

Finished this Week

  • Henry Tilney's Diary by Amanda Grange- Another enjoyable entrant in this diary series. 
  • Son by Lois Lowry (audiobook)- I LOVED this book! I was so excited to finish it but the stupid audiobook was taking too long and I just wanted to know what was going to happen! I may or may not have shouted at the audiobook once or twice this past week... 
  • The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens- Probably my least favorite of Dickens' novels but still enjoyable. 

Coming Soon

  • Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange- The last of the diary series. 
  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- I was waiting to finish The Old Curiosity Shop before I started this one as I didn't want to have two thick books going at the same time. Now that The Old Curiosity Shop is done I'll be starting this one soon. 

Reviews posted this week 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. I need to read Son! Thanks for the heads up on The Old Curiosity Shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! It's amazing! The Old Curiosity Shop is just.... tedious to me.... and I've read most of Dickens' novels before and enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. I know sometimes those audiobooks just move too slowly - I'm sure it was worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I should start listening to boring books on audio. ;)

      Delete
  3. I read a couple of the Diary books and enjoyed them. Loved All The Light You Cannot See.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award and you can check out the details here on my blog.

    Thanks for being a great blogger! ♥

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've tried reading the Swiss Family Robinson at least four times but I could never get past page 300...maybe I should give it another shot.
    I have a tag for you as well! It's the book shelf tag and if you're interested in doing it, the details are on my website: loveroflembas.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll get around to that as soon as I can. :)
      SFR is kind of a hard book to get through so I can see abandoning it. However it is fascinating. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh! I can't wait to see your review of Mr. Knightley's Diary. He is definitely one of my favorite Jane Austen heroes.

    I also can't wait to see what you think of All the Light We Cannot See. That has been on my TBR list since my eye doctor mentioned it a couple of months ago. I just feel slightly daunted by it right now, especially with Les Miserables sitting on my shelf from the library, and I don't want to read two thick books in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this review. I'll reading - listening rather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, this would worth listing. Sometime boring books are fun with audio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, this would worth listing. Sometime boring books are fun with audio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, this would worth listing. Sometime boring books are fun with audio.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...