It was a good week overall. I floated to a different unit at work for the first time. I've been terrified of this for awhile but actually it went well. To be honest it was kind of slow so I ended up reading a good quarter of The Old Curiosity Shop during that night. On Saturday some of my siblings and I went Contra dancing, one of my favorite pastimes. It's so much fun plus a workout. :) Now as a reader and a dancer you might suppose I'm straight out of an Austen novel... well obviously! ;)
And one more thing before I get into my reading week but Ashley at A-Z is having a Laura Ingalls Blog Party this week so be sure to go check it out HERE.
|New teacups set that were a hand me down |
gift from a friend! :)
- Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin- Still ploughing through this one. It's so good but so long!
- Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss (re-read) (audiobook)- Finally re-reading this one. It wasn't my favorite when I first read it years ago so I'll see how I like it this time.
Finished this Week
- Henry Tilney's Diary by Amanda Grange- Another enjoyable entrant in this diary series.
- Son by Lois Lowry (audiobook)- I LOVED this book! I was so excited to finish it but the stupid audiobook was taking too long and I just wanted to know what was going to happen! I may or may not have shouted at the audiobook once or twice this past week...
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens- Probably my least favorite of Dickens' novels but still enjoyable.
- Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange- The last of the diary series.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- I was waiting to finish The Old Curiosity Shop before I started this one as I didn't want to have two thick books going at the same time. Now that The Old Curiosity Shop is done I'll be starting this one soon.