Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's Monday! 22!

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22! ;)
Last week I celebrated turning 22! After the 21st birthday it seems like it is all downhill skiing. There's nothing special after that.... except when I get to 50 I guess..... :( I did have a fun time celebrating with my family though and we had an Oreo cake that I made. :)
They also gave me some awesome presents! A fun nursing mug, a crochet book, the book Far From the Madding Crowd and a Celtic Woman CD and DVD. They know me so well. :)
Also, my 5th Blogiversary is Monday January 11th so be sure to check out that post and read about the giveaway HERE.

Currently Reading

  • The Complete Stories of Flannery O Conner by Flannery O Conner- These stories just get weirder and weirder! 
  • The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin- Still amazing but oh so dense! 

Finished this week

  • Othello by William Shakespeare (audiobook)- I knew next to nothing about this play but I really enjoyed it. 
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange- I was surprised by how much I liked this! Review forthcoming! 

Coming Soon

  • Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry (audiobook)
  • Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange 
  • Hannibal by Ross Leckie 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday, and enjoy them all, believe me they go so fast, so savour every year! Congrats on 5th year blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a busy week Happy Belated Birthday. You can see mine here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    New GFC Follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check yours out. :)

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! AND BLOGIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Celtic Woman are great. I always loved Clannad and Celtic Woman are so good too...

    Enjoy your blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Clannad too! I used to listen to a lot of celtic music on Pandora so I would hear a lot of different celtic bands. Now I have obtained more of the music so I don't listen there quite as much.

      Delete
  5. I'm interested in hearing more about Mr. Darcy's diary! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review will be out later this week! :)

      Delete
  6. It's not all downhill after 22! You are VERY young. And some of your best years are still to come. I loved my 30s. You've read some great books. I love Lois Lowry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks. :) I enjoyed The Giver so I'm intrigued to read the rest of the series.

      Delete
  7. Oh no, I missed your birthday. :-/ For some reason, I thought it was in the early teens, but just checked last year's and see you posted on the 10th, so, oops! I was also going to do the Taylor Swift reference. :^) Have a Blink 182 reference for next year, and Tim McGraw for 30... hehe.

    I was going to do something different for a change, and maybe "surprise" you (just that I knew b'day was coming)... I already haven't sent a sarcastic New Years resolutions thing. ;-)

    BTW, I'm usually really good with remembering birthdays, although I didn't send any last year, for the same reasons I've been MIA. :-/

    Happy belated Birthday, Lois!!! God bless and TTYL.

    P.S. I just read the nursing mug! :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm kind of careful to not let on to the exact date of my birthday... I think.
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh yes..O'Connor's stories get stranger and stranger! That's what I like about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well I read an article about her stories the other night and I think I can appreciate them a little bit more now.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I think there are still some special birthdays to come - like all of them! :) 30 was a tough one for me, it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that you actually are (in the eyes of the world anyway) a real "grown up", yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I kind of considered myself an adult once I hit 18 but u know I'm really going to feel like an adult when I'm 22!

      Delete
  10. I hope you are enjoying your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...