Cinderella Party Tag:
1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella? Kindness. In all of the versions and spinoffs of Cinderella I've seen that is the quality she always shows.
2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I'm thinking of Ever After off the top of my head as the one where one sister is nice(ish) and the other isn't. Honestly I think it's done more for comedic effect than anything. The nice(ish) sister ends up being stupid as well. I think that it effects Cinderella's character in giving a little relief from the cruelty around her and also maybe encouraging her in her kindness.
3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats? Dogs yes. Some of those others I might have to get used to.
4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback? I don't think I've ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback but I haven't ridden since I was a wee child so I don't remember my horse riding experiences well.
5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s? I love the ball dress from Ever After. From the pictures I've seen of 2015 Cinderella I really like her ball dress and her wedding dress too. I also like the ball dress from the animated version. So basically they haven't one wrong with the ball dress yet. ;)
6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :) Of course! Especially when mopping. When we were kids we used to joke around and say "Cinderella do this and that" in our most snobbish portrayal of the stepmother that we could manage. Cause we were cool. ;)
7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince? Honesty, loyalty, kindness and a sense of humor.
8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations). Beauty and the Beast (absolutely my favorite fairytale... the heroine reads!), The Twelve Dancing Princesses (I'm not sure why but I loved reading this story as a kid) and The Emperor's New Clothes (because of it's political implications).
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations)- Disney's Beauty and the Beast, Disney's Tangled, Enchanted, The Princess Bride (does this count?) and The Swan Princess (very sentimental here). The first two were obvious for me but I had a hard time choosing the rest just because I'm kind of "whatever" after the first two. I almost chose Frozen but it gets enough hype without my help.
10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like? I like the 1800s time period that the Brothers Grimm created. Off the top of my head I'd just go with the ball gown from the 2015 Cinderella.
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella? Blue.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin