- Little Women and others in series by Louise May Alcott- A classic series. :)
- The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery- I'm in the middle of re-reading them right now actually. They are just as good the first time as the... wait a moment... I'm not quite sure how many times I have read this series. A lot.... let's just say a LOT! ;)
- Swallows and Amazons and others in series by Arthur Ransom- These books always made me want to go sailing as a kid. :)
- The Book of Three and others in series by Lloyd Alexander- One of my favorite fantasy series growing up. I re-read these books many times when I was young.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy- I adored the 1984 film version growing up and then read the book some years back and loved it too despite it being different. I'm excited to revisit it.
- The Chosen by Chaim Potok- A very interesting book. I remembering learning a lot more about Jewish culture from it.
- Carry on Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham- This is a great book and if you haven't read it you should! It won a newberry award back in the day, which should be clue enough to you that it's worth it.
- The Young Carthaginian by G.A. Henty- Henty's books were some of my favorites as a kid. It was from his historic novels that I developed a deep love of history and though I do not acclaim any deep knowledge of it, to this day I still love history. :)
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White- I've wanted to re-read this every since working at the pig farm last summer... and then, you know, naming my piglet Wilbur. ;)
- Emma by Jane Austen- Of all of Jane Austen's books this is my least favorite.... not to say I don't like it though! I'm attempting to re-read it to help me develop a deeper appreciation for it.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Top Ten Books from my Childhood I want to Revisit
As my readers know, I'm hosting a re-reading challenge this year to encourage myself in my re-reading endeavors. I have a list of almost 300 books that I want to re-read in the next several years. So for today's Top Ten Tuesday I'm just narrowing it down to ten that I'm planning on getting to this year. :)