Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Top Ten Theme Songs

I saw this over at Meanwhile in Rivendell and being a tag stealer and a theme song lover I stole it. No regrets. ;) To make it simpler, I'm excluding themes from actual musicals. They are in no particular order.

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Duh! That music is so good! Howard Shore created a masterpiece when he wrote that music. The shire theme always just makes me feel at home. :)

Doctor Who

Because Doctor Who! What else matters? ;) I love the theme music, the tenth and eleventh doctor's themes and all of the companions themes but especially Clara's. 

Jurassic Park

I could listen to it's theme music all day long! I can't get enough of it. :)

Indian Jones

So much fun! So much action! So much Harrison Ford! ;)

Star Wars

John Williams' greatest masterpiece. :)

Harry Potter

I really feel John Williams' music really captures the magic (no pun intended) of the books. :)

Leverage

Because Leverage! And once again... what else matters? ;) Such a fun theme. :) 

Pride and Prejudice (1995)

I grew up with this movie and I grew up with that music. The opening sequence with the lady embroidering and the music playing was a favorite. :)

Little Dorrit (2008)

I think when trying to get me to watch this miniseries my cousins raved just as much about the music as the actual show. Now I know why. :)

Lorna Doone

A magnificent soundtrack.  The "love theme" is one of my favorite musical pieces ever! It actually makes me emotional... which you all know doesn't really happen to me often. It's at 7:37 in this video and you should definitely listen to it. :)


So I reached ten and realized there are so many more I want to include!!!!
So honorable mentions! 
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • North and South (2004)
  • Wives and Daughters
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (LWW) (2005)
  • Gods and Generals 
  • The Sea Hawk
  • Robin Hood (1938)
  • Charade
I love listening to soundtracks from movies and TV shows. :) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I do love LOTR, Little Dorrit and Harry Potter theme songs. Nice post! I am stealing it :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd add the MacGyver theme to this list. :) Theme music is so fun, and I love how it brings to mind exactly what's it from when you hear it.
    Becca and I tagged you for an award, if you'd like to do it. No pressure. :) http://cleverbunnies.blogspot.com/2015/06/sisterhood-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen MacGyver yet. :( I've heard it's tons of fun though. I'll be looking up the music. :)
      Thanks for nominating me. :)

      Delete
  3. I agree totally about the P&P opening titles - I love watching that embrodiery and the music is so great. One I never think of fast-forwarding past...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! There is no fast forward through such greatness! :)

      Delete
  4. I was really surprised that Monk AND Psych were missing from this list?!

    Never seen MacGyver?? You probably haven't really lived until you've seen MacGyver. :-D You can probably add him to the list of characters I'm a little bit like, I think (been awhile since I've seen it). Inventing/rigging-up stuff. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Monk and Psych! My memory is horrible! The saddest thing is I had to go look up the Monk theme song because I'd forgotten it! I need to watch some Monk sometime VERY soon! :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...