Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Period Drama Tag

I'm not a period drama blogger (as I'm sure you've noticed) but I love watching period dramas and I love reading period drama bloggers. So I'm doing this tag. :)

What is your favorite Austen book?

Pride and Prejudice! I'm cliche that way but I can't help it! It's the best! I love them all though so much. :) Probably my second favorites are Northanger Abbey, Persuasion and Mansfield Park. 

One Austen movie you dislike the most

There's two tied for the dislike intensely position in my book. In fact I refer to them as the evil versions. They would be the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice and the 2007 version of Mansfield Park. I'm a book purist, which is sometimes not all it is cut out to be. I also don't tolerate too much mushiness in my stories. 

Favorite Dresses

I'd have to say I love all of Lizzie Bennet's dresses and all of Molly Gipson's dresses so I'll share one of each of them. :) 
  






Least favorite hairstyle

I'm going to agree with everyone I think in saying Lady Harriet's. It's ghastly! 

Favorite Austen book film adaptation 

Pride and Prejudice 1995 without a doubt. It has great actors, witty script (which is really all thanks to Austen), beautiful scenery and costumes and stays very true to the book. I can ask for no more. :)

Favorite Downtown Abbey character

So I'm one of the few people in the world who hasn't seen Downton Abbey. Maybe someday I'll get around to it. My mom watches it and likes it. :) I know she said her favorite character died. Not sure who that was and I didn't ask because I don't want spoilers but I'm sure all of you avid fans know. 

Favorite BBC Show

Doctor Who! It isn't period drama but it's my favorite BBC show! I also love The Adventure of Merlin. When I get around to watching more of Call the Midwife I'm sure I can add that to the list too. 

Favorite Austen Heroine

Lizzy Bennet, Anne Elliot and Fanny Price. :)

One BBC you watched which you disliked very much

I haven't watched any BBC period dramas I disliked. There were some that were meh but I didn't dislike any. I haven't seen as many as some have though. 

Colin Firth or Matthew Macfayden

As Mr. Darcy? Colin Firth! Matthew Macfayden was simply not meant for that role. He does however do a fine job as Arthur Clenham in Little Dorrit. :)

Jane Austen, Margaret Mitchell or Lucy Maud Montgomery?

I love them all but obviously I can't help but go with Jane Austen. She is my favorite author for her wit, wisdom, enduring characters and strong morals. I really have never had a complaint with Austen on anything in her books... except maybe Edward Ferras.... sometimes he aggravates me. 

Which Charlotte? Claudie Blakley or Lucy Scott?

I prefer the 1995 version so Lucy Scott but I don't recall having any real problem with Claudie Blakley as Charlotte... just stupid writing on the part of the screenwriters. 

So that was fun! 
Random fact that I found out when writing this post... Hayley Attwell (from Captain America  and Agent Carter) plays Mary Crawford in the 2007 version of Mansfield Park! I didn't realize that! I actually thought she did a good job as Mary Crawford. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Much enjoyed your answers! And this is seriously funny.... but when I first scrolled through I was like, "Oh, I should do this, too." And then SO many of my answers would end up being identical to yours! :D Hmmmm. Maybe I still will though.... but just so you know, I wouldn't be copycatting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's okay. I'd love to see your answers.... even if they resemble mine. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, isn't this a fun tag?!:D

    YES keep watching CtM. Do It. ;)

    Oh, I liked the 2007 version of Mansfield Park…I know it seems like everyone hates it but I actually found it sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly had a problem with casting Billie Piper as Fanny... she was not meant for the role in any way shape or form. When you miscast the main character, it puts a negative spin on the rest of the movie. :(

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...