Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List

I basically did this list on my 20 Books of Summer 2015 post but I've read a couple book since then and this is only ten books so obviously this is a very different list. ;)

  1. How Green was my Valley by Richard Lewellyn
  2. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White (re-read)
  3. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee 
  4. That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis
  5. Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw
  6. Germinal by Emile Zola
  7. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander (re-reads)
  8. The rest of the Swallows and Amazons series by Arthur Ransom 
  9. The rest of the Little Women series by Louisa May Alcott
  10. Emma by Jane Austen- I know I said I was going to do a read-a-long for it and I'm still planning on it. This week and next are pretty busy but after that I think I can get it up and running! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. Great list Lois! I can't remember if I've added any Bernard Shaw to my wishlist but I'm curious to read some of his works...Happy reading this summer :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Little Men and Jo's Boys - especially Jo's Boys. I enjoyed those 2 much more than Little Women actually. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all good in their own way. I don't remember Jo's Boys well enough. I don't recall liking any of the more than the other.

      Delete
  3. What a great mix! I can't wait to read Harper Lee and Pygmalion too; I just finished Man and Superman and The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis so I'm hoping to read more of their works. I hope you enjoy your list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Screwtape Letters is really great! I read that one back in high school and I'm yearning for a re-read!

      Delete
  4. GO SET A WATCHMAN is on my list as well. Can't wait!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.S. Lewis's whole Space Trilogy is on my list. Little Men is really good!

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Space Trilogy so far is interesting. I'm intrigued to see how it concludes.

      Delete
  6. Oh, Germinal! Hope you enjoy it. I can't wait to read it again someday.

    P.S. I love your blog's new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm intrigued to read it as its my first Zola book.

      Delete
  7. Great list, Lois. I have read
    Charlotte's Web,
    All of the Little Women Series and
    Emma, well actually everything by Jane Austen.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    Happy Reading,
    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list!:)

    The title 'How Green Was My Valley' really piques my interest...I'll have to try that!

    And Go Set a Watchman....YES:D

    Hmm, maybe if you do a read-along of 'Emma,' I can get through it;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Chronicles of Prydain! It's often overlooked, which makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's such a great fantasy series which deserves more recognition.

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...