Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Books I'd Love to see as Movies/TV Shows

Fun topic for Top Ten Tuesday this week!
  1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien- Now I know what you're thinking.... Lois, this has already been made into movies, good movies too. I agree on both points. However, I think it could be better and I was just thinking recently that I could see The Lord of the Rings being a very good TV show. Thoughts?
  2. The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien- I actually don't see potential in The Silmarllion being made into a movie but I think there's a lot of potential for The Children of Hurin to be made into one as it's just one story, it's shorter and it would be pretty cool on screen with a dragon and all! Plus, I love the book. :)
  3. Redwall series by Brian Jacques- I know there was the animated TV series which was meh but I'd love to see a well done TV series done of these books that wasn't really childish. 
  4. The Wizard of Oz series by L. Frank Baum- I love the Oz series, I read and re-read those books countless times growing up and I'll be honest... I'm not a big fan of the Judy Garland film... part of it is I'm not a fan of Judy Garland. There are definitely some parts I do like of the film and I do watch it but's it's just not my favorite. I'd love to see a movie or TV series of all the stories that a little more closely follows the books, capturing the quirkiness and fun of the stories.
  5. Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz- There's already been a film version of Koontz's other book Odd Thomas so I think it's time to make another of his books into a film and Life Expectancy is one of my favorites and I think it would be an interesting film. :)
  6. The Binding of the Blades series by L.B. Graham- One of my favorite fantasy series. I think it would be great on screen! :)
  7. Coronation of Glory: The Story of Lady Jane Grey by Deborah Meroff- I love this book and I think it's high time a GOOD movie was made about Lady Jane Grey! 
  8. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen- I know there have been three versions made of Mansfield Park so far but none of them are great. They need to make a GREAT one!!!!!
  9. Leave it to Psmith by P.G. Wodehouse- There have been movies or TV series made of many of Wodehouse's other books but not this one yet. This one NEEDS to be made! It is my favorite of his books and I think it would be hilarious on screen! 
  10. Armadale by Wilkie Collins- I just read this recently and I think it would be fascinating as a movie. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. 100% agree about Mansfield Park!!! They never get Fanny Price right. (See if you agree with me on the other adaptations?http://basedonthebook.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-best-of-jane-austen-adaptations.html)

    Going to look up that Lady Jane Grey book as well - I'm surprised there aren't more films about her to be honest! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check your list out. :) Fanny Price I think is hard to portray on screen. Maybe someday they'll get it right.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see a continuation of the Wizard of Oz books made it into movies! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Lord of the Rings. A tv show or mini series would be able to give a lot more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I like The Wizard of Oz movie, I would love to see one that actually follows the story.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord of the rings as a movie might be pretty cool. The wizard of Oz as a TV show would be awesome.

    My TTT http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/top-ten-books-id-love-to-see-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen an animated version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (seen as in, I have seen the physical product, not watched the film). I tried to look it up just now and it seems Lightyear Entertainment released several animated films based on various Oz books. I don't know how good they are, though.... Even so, it would be cool if someone made a film franchise out of the Oz books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about those. They would be interesting to see maybe.

      Delete
  7. I would love to see The Lord of the Rings done again, maybe on TV. I liked the movie (well, the first one and the third) but I had some problems with them-a nd you can't really have enough Tolkien, if done well. Children of hurin I have not read, but I did read The Silmarillion eons ago and they could adapt parts of the 1st or 2nd Age stuff, I'm sure. It would be neat to see some of those things brought to wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't have enough Tolkien.... IF done well.

      Delete
  8. I would love to see The Lord of the Rings done again, maybe on TV. I liked the movie (well, the first one and the third) but I had some problems with them-a nd you can't really have enough Tolkien, if done well. Children of hurin I have not read, but I did read The Silmarillion eons ago and they could adapt parts of the 1st or 2nd Age stuff, I'm sure. It would be neat to see some of those things brought to wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...