It's been awhile since I've done five Friday favorites but since I'm back and at it blogging I'm excited to do it again. :) Five Friday Favorites is hosted by Amanda at Book Badger. The theme this week is five favorite movies and thank goodness I was just talking with my cousin about this the other week or I don't know if I could have come up with these on the spot like this. To start off, hands down my favorite film is the 1995 miniseries of Pride and Prejudice but I have been informed by people that it is not a movie but a miniseries so it doesn't count. Whatever! Therefore, without further ado, here are my five favorite films (not miniseries) in no particular order (and I really hope I didn't miss something obvious). :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
- Charade- Considered the most Hitchcock like non-Hitchcock, Charade is a hilarious, fast paced mystery film starring Cary Grant and Audery Hepburn.
- National Treasure- An action adventure movie which I do not recommend you learn your history from but is tons of fun. It stars Nicolas Cage and Diane Kruger searching for a hidden treasure while being thwarted by the villain played by Sean Bean.
- Mclintock- A western film with one of my favorite duos John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara married and at each others throats. :)
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers- My favorite musical starring Jane Powell and Howard Keel that draws from the Roman legend of the Sabine women.
- Singing in the Rain- My second favorite musical about when films turned from silent to talkies starring Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Conner.
- Arsenic and Old Lace- A hilarious dark comedy with Cary Grant and Priscilla Lane
- The Lord of the Rings films- If you're not familiar with these films I'd be surprised. Based off of the epic fantasy trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien and starring a lot of people but the first that come to my mind are Ian Mckellen, Viggo Mortenson, John Rhys-Davies, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom and Sean Bean.
- The Avengers- Again, if you're not familiar with this film, I'd be surprised. Probably my favorite superhero film with lots of fun lines, a solid plot and good action scenes. Stars, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlette Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo.
- Star Wars: A New Hope- The classic science fiction film starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford.
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back- The sequel to the classic science fiction film starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisehr and Harrison Ford.
Just as I mostly read older books, I mostly watch older movies, though there are many newer movies I enjoy. These movies are some of the most quoted in my household and I pretty much never would grow tired of watching them over and over again. :) In fact, whenever someone suggests we watch a movie, almost 100% of the time I say "Let's watch National Treasure!" I'm a sucker for that movie. :) Everyone one of these, except The Lord of the Rings I suppose, is a comedy and has made me laugh countless times. Try them out! I promise you that you'll laugh at least once. ;)
So what are your favorite films?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin