Monday, August 11, 2014

It's Monday and I'm Back and Reading!

After a two month or so hiatus from doing the "It's Monday and I'm Reading" posts with Book Journey I'm back kicking and reading! As I mentioned last week in a blog post my last day of work at the pig farm was last Friday and next week I'll be starting school up again. I did get a good amount of reading done this summer and if you have been following me on Goodreads (which I encourage you to do! Follow this link!) then you'll have seen all I've been reading. However, here's what is going on with me and my reading right now.

Currently Reading


  1. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens
  2. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  3. Hamlet by William Shakespeare (audiobook) 

Coming Soon (Hopefully)


  1. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare (audiobook)
  2. Macbeth by William Shakespeare (audiobook)
  3. The Bridge on the River Kwai by Pierre Boulle

What I read this summer

  1. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  2. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
  3. Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens
  4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
  5. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham (re-read)
  6. The Book of Lost Tales Part 1 by J.R.R. Tolkien
  7. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  8. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (audiobook)
  9. World War 1 by Richard J. Maybury
  10. As You Like It by William Shakespeare (audiobook)
  11. The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang
  12. Henry V by William Shakespeare (audiobook)

I got sick one day at the pig farm so I lay around all that day sleeping, reading or listening to audiobooks so I got a good chunk done then. Overall it has been a pretty good summer for reading and I'm only a little behind on Goodreads for my year's goal. If you haven't been keeping up with me summer be sure to check out this post about my new pet
Hope y'all had a great summer and I look forward to hearing about what you've been reading!
P.S. The number spun for the Classics Club spin was a 17 so I'll be reading H.G. Wells' book The Time Machine, a book I am intrigued to read. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you read a lot of good books this summer. I didn't realize The Bridge on the river Kwai was a book, I like the movie so I should check that out. And The Wind in the Willows... I keep meaning to read that some day too, sounds so whimsical. Have a great week, and good luck with the new pet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I remembered always loving the movie as a kid and I didn't really remember reading it the first time so I thought I'd read it again. I was really impressed with it and thought it was quite well written. Whimsical I'd definitely agree. :)

      Delete
  2. You have so many terrific books on your list! Some of them I have yet to read. By the way, I love the C.S. Lewis quote! I have that quote on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love that C.S. Lewis quote myself. :)

      Delete
  3. I read Anne Frank when I was in college and was blown away. I had read it earlier and was underwhelmed. It's funny what a change in perspective does. You've gotten some impressive reading done. I adored Macbeth and am quite curious to read the Princess Bride as it's one of my favorite movies.

    Enjoy The Time Machine! I'm curious about that one myself. I got Great Expectations. I'm hoping I like it a little better than I did when I read it 20 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Princess Bride was a fun read but I think the movie is better. I hate it though when I read a book after having seen the movie as then I normally think the movie was better even if it isn't. :)
      I don't remember liking Great Expectations ton but that is probably because my family was watching the movie at the same time and Miss Havisham creeped me out. :)

      Delete
  4. I JUST read The Time Machine. It's really more of a novella, so you'll probably read it very quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...