Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Monday! Spring Break!

It's Spring Break!!!!!!!! My excitement can't be contained! It's time to do some school projects, study, get some reading done and watch some movies I've been meaning to watch. :) I also brought in a great book haul this week to add to the nice book haul I brought in the week before. You can read all about them in my Stacking the Shelves post. :) My shelves are getting really full though! It used to be I had one shelf of books on my bookshelf and the rest had knick knacks on them. Now I have three shelves about to burst, the top shelf with knick knacks and the bottom shelf with some school stuff, my cookbooks and some CDs and DVDs. In the near future I think the knick knacks ect. will be displaced. :)

Finished this week

  • The Giver by Lois Lowry- After having it checked out from the library since last fall, it took me an hour and a half to read!  Read my book review HERE
  • Anne of Ingelside by L.M. Montgomery

Currently Reading

  • Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (re-read) (audiobook)- Okay I don't know why I'm re-reading this. I remembered disliking this book when I first read it but now I HATE it! I was relieved when talking to my Dad to hear that he hated it too. At least I'm not alone. 
  • The Valley of Vision
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (re-read)

Coming Soon

  • Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery (re-read)
  • The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde (audiobook)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. I need to re-read The Giver and then read the other 3 books in the quartet.

    Looks like you are on a classics kick lately! I LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird - one of my all-time favorites. I've never read Gulliver's Travels - sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. And I've never read any Oscar Wilde. So many good books and so little time!

    Had to laugh at the expansion of your TBR shelves - we have an entire bookcase of TBR books, plus another double-lined shelf in the living room! Never enough time to read :)

    Enjoy your books this week and your spring break!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really loving To Kill a Mockingbird. :)

      Delete
  2. I just listened to the audio of To Kill a Mockingbird. I loved it. I loved it as much as I did when I first read it years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to listen to the audiobook but it was checked out. :(

      Delete
  3. I really need to re-read, or listen to, To Kill A Mockingbird before Harper Lee's "new" book comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! I still have three weeks until my spring break. I hope you enjoy it fully and read lots and lots and lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like the Anne books are perfect to curl up with right about now. I haven't read them in ages...Maybe I will pick them up in the next week or two. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...