Saturday, November 14, 2015

Book Review- A Bear Called Paddington

For the Key Word Reading Challenge, Hard Core Re-Reading challenge and What an Animal Reading Challenge I read Michael Bond's A Bear Called Paddington.
I actually woke up one Sunday morning an hour before I should have or needed to so I grabbed the book and read it in that hour.
Synopsis from Goodreads: Mr. and Mrs. Brown first met Paddington, a most endearing bear from Darkest Peru on a railway platform in London. A sign hanging around his neck said, "Please look after this bear. Thank you" So that is just what they did.From the very first night when he attempted his first bath and ended up nearly flooding the house, Paddington was seldom far from imminent disaster. Jonathan and Judy were delighted with this havoc and even Mr. and Mrs. Brown had to admit that life seemed to be more filled with adventure when there was a bear in the house. 
This is such a fun and imaginative book! I love how the Brown family and really the whole book just excepts that Paddington is a bear with scarcely a hesitation. Paddington's misadventures are classic. His love of marmalade is adorable and original. I don't think you could help but love Paddington. All in all this is such a sweet children's book and definitely one I'll pass on to my children someday.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Today, I was searching on Amazon for a copy of the book. Found many and was confused about which one to buy. Is it the first book in the series? I liked the movie. Did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie yet but hopefully soon. I think the title is just "A Bear Called Paddington", which is the first.

      Delete
  2. I've read most of the Paddington books, back when I was a kid, and now I've started sharing them with my kids. There are picture books based on parts of them too, which my daughters like, and I'm going to start reading the real things to them soon. I remember practicing Paddington's Hard Stare as a kid and wondering if people could feel it like they could feel Paddington's.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...