When reading Miss Bates' speeches does anyone else just here her voice in your head saying it super, super fast and all in one breath? I do!
Once again this week I'm complaining about Emma's pride! Her plan to refuse the Cole's invitation for the dinner party because they needed to be taught a lesson that her family was so far above them that they shouldn't have the audacity to ask them was so snobbish! I'm glad she ended up going.
Okay I have non-spoiler discussion questions and spoiler discussion questions because there's a lot to look at if you've already read it and know what's going on and then also if you haven't and don't. So when you comment and answer just make sure you say spoiler before answering the question.
- So we finally have met Frank Churchill! First impressions?
- What does Emma think of Churchill? What does Knightley think? Account for their different interpretations.
- Who do you think sent Jane Fairfax her piano?
- Compare and contrast Mr. Elton and Emma Woodhouse? Now first off you may think that's a weird comparison but when I think about I find that so many things that Emma mentally accuses him of she is guilty of as well! Just food for thought.
- Is anyone else just freshly reminded how much of a jerk Frank is to Jane?
- Also, to top it off, Frank is showing obvious attention to Emma.... what do you think Frank is even thinking?
END OF SPOILERS
Please comment with your thoughts and as always even if you're not doing the read-along feel free to join in on the discussion!
Also, weird random fact that I found out but did you know that Joan Aiken (author of many children's books but notably my favorite The Wolves of Willoughby Chase) wrote a book about Jane Fairfax entitled Jane Fairfax? It sounds kind of interesting. I might have to look into it.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin