Sunday, August 17, 2014

It's Monday: Back to School and Reading

Today is the first day of the a new school year for me. Thankfully though, my classes don't start until tomorrow so today I just work and stress out about the impending start of another semester. It's kind of scary to think that come this May I'll be graduating from nursing school and (granted I pass the NCLEX) be able to work as a nurse. Not to scare you into thinking I'll be a bad nurse and you should never be sick or injured within a state of where I work, I'm just nervous about actually working as a nurse. However, that's a year away so I think I should stop worrying about it and read for right now!

Read this Week

I finished The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank this week.  Additionally, I have been speeding through yet another re-read of the Harry Potter series and I'm through the first three, having just finished demolishing the third. I zipped through it Sunday using every spare second to read it. I'm going to outdo my Re-reading challenge this year it looks like. That is sort of unfortunate it though as that means I won't have any motivation to re-read the other books that I was interested in/should be re-reading.

Currently Reading

I'm still ploughing through Dickens' Our Mutual Friend, which I am enjoying but is quite long so it is taking me awhile to read. I am also still listening to an audiobook of Hamlet, and I have one act to go.

Reading Soon

Hopefully this week I'll read H.G. Wells' book The Time Machine, which was my selection from the most recent Classics Club spin.

Favorite blog posts this week (that you should really check out)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love Dickens but never read Our Mutual Friend. The Diary of a Young Girl is a great choice! Enjoy your week reading, and good luck starting your end of school before becoming a nurse--how nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our Mutual Friend is great so far! I'd recommend it. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved your favorite movies post, great picks there (and some I'd forgotten about!). The Time Machine should be a good read, I haven't read it but really should (the movie made me want to read it). Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a movie! I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. All the best for the coming study year - a year will make a difference. I remember reading the Diary of Anne Frank many years ago and being totally fascinated by her thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting to read her thoughts indeed! I was amazed at all she poured into her diary.

      Delete
  4. I need to check out these events you've signed up for! Thanks for sharing them.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been talking about re-reading Harry Potter! Maybe this fall I will start them all over again. :)

    I am so not ready to go back to school! I begin next week. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A year will make all the difference to your confidence! I enjoyed your top 20 movie lists. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my favourites, just behind Grease, and Dirty dancing.

    Have a great week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know other enjoy Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, you choose quite challenging books! Good luck with your last school year. I'm sure you'll make a great nurse. You can see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at school. I'm sure you'll do great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved my reread of the Harry Potter books this summer. They're wonderful no matter how many times you read them, aren't they? I really enjoyed The Diary of Anne Frank when I read it a couple of years ago. I hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get better and better with each re-read! I did enjoy the Diary of Anne Frank.

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...