This week for Top Ten Tuesday the theme is "books I'm not sure I want to read". Most of these are more modern books and I tend to be wary of modern books.
- Wuthering Heights- Unfortunately it's on my Classics Club list so I'll have to read it eventually. I even bought it for fifty cents at Goodwill so I had no excuse. :)
- Fangirl- There was a lot of hype about it in the book blogging world in the last few months and I thought it might actually be a new book worth reading but then I heard a few negative reviews about it so then I couldn't decide. Still haven't decided whether or not I want to pick it up or not.
- Eleanor and Park- Same as above. I figure if I read either of the two it will be Fangirl and then if like it I'll read Eleanor and Park.
- Atlas Shrugged- Another book on my Classics Club list. It's so long and more modern.
- The Fault in Our Stars- A modern favorite that just got adapted into a movie that is incredibly popular. It sounds interesting but I think I would disagree it on a theological level.
- War and Peace- Because it is so long I'm just not sure I want to get started on it. :)
- The Help- A modern book I've heard lots of good things about but I'm normally wary of modern books but I think I'll give it a try.
- The Luthier's Apprentice- A modern historical novel that I heard good things about. I think I'll try it out as well.
- Memoirs of a Geisha- Another modern novel that is quite popular and I think will be safe for me to try out. It is historical and I always like history.
- Howl's Moving Castle- A more moderne fantasy novel I've heard great things about. I love good fantasy and I hope this proves to be one.
If you've been keeping up with the blog you'll know that I'm participating in my first "Bout of Books" coming up soon, which I'm super excited about! Also, I got myself a pet pig! Read about my Wilbur here. :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin