Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Books that Made You Cry

If you guys know me very well, you are wondering at the title of this blog post. You will know that I don't get emotional (i.e. cry) over books, movies or TV shows. My brother still tries to randomly quote sad moments in Doctor Who to get me to cry... it hasn't worked yet. However, I thought about this list and decided to adapt it to books that do make me sad. There is one book that I cried over, but I was very young then! And that book would be....

  1. Bridge to Teribithia by Katherine Paterson- It was the first book I read where a lead character died and I was just really shocked. That's my only explanation for the sudden burst of emotion.
  2. The Book Thief by Martin Zusak
  3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  4. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beacher Stowe
  5. Carry on Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
  6. Rakkety Tamm by Brian Jacques
  7. Little Women by Louise May Alcott
  8. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- Just a little emotional because of you know what.
  9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Because it ended. 
  10. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
The only one of those I actually cried over was the first, the others just made me feel sad.
I've come to realize that I feel far more emotional over movies/TV shows then books, maybe because I am actually seeing it. While I have teared up for a select few movies and TV shows, I haven't ever actually cried. Then again, as I have mentioned before, I don't read or watch a lot of sad books or movies. 
Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...