Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel

My readers know I don't read a lot of new books but there are some I do so here's a short list of authors who have me looking forward to their sophomore novel. Some of them actually have written their second novel but I just haven't read it yet. :) Half of the list is modern authors that I'm waiting for their second book and the other half is authors I wish had written a sophomore novel.
ALSO! I am hosting two reading challenges for 2016. One is the Hard Core Re-Reading Challenge, which is a repeat from last year and the other is a new challenge for me to host which is the 12 Month Classics challenge. If you're interested go check them out!
And a little meme to capture my last week. :) 

Newbies with sophomores
  1. Helene Wecker- I read The Golem and the Jinni earlier this year and I'm looking forward to what she puts out next, which from what I've read will be a sequel!
  2. D.E. Ireland- I read Wouldn't it be Deadly last year and while it wasn't the greatest thing I ever read I did enjoy it and I'm interested to read it's sequel Move Your Blooming Corpse, which is already out. 
  3. Kathryn Stockett- I read The Help last year (yeah I'm a little behind the times on that one) but it seems she never wrote a book after it! She needs to write a sophomore novel! 
Oldies who should have written more than one- Obviously Harper Lee would have been at the top of this list but with the release of Go Set a Watchman this year that's not relevant anymore. 
  1. Margaret Mitchell- I read Gone With the Wind earlier this year, which I had mixed feelings about but overall enjoyed. I would have been fascinated to read what else she had to write but Gone With the Wind was the only book she ever published. 
  2. Emily Bronte- Now I hated Wuthering Heights.... okay I didn't hate it but it certainly wasn't my favorite but I did think it was very beautiful writing and I wonder what else she might have written... maybe it would have been better. 
  3. Anne Sewell- She wrote the classic Black Beauty but never wrote another novel afterwards as she died not long after it's release. 
  4. Oscar Wilde- I really enjoyed The Picture of Dorian Gray when I read it last year. However, it was the only novel Wilde ever wrote though he wrote many plays, most famously The Importance of Being Ernest. 
  5. Anne Frank- You can only write on diary so... ;) 
Those are eight I can think of off the top of my head. Are there any I missed? Comment below and let me know! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Anything Stockett cares to write, I plan on reading it!

    Check out my TTT and the weekly meme I hosting on my blog Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I forgot about The Help on my list this week!! Loved that book so much!! Would absolutely read whatever else she wrote - in a heartbeat! My TTT

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...