Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books that will be in my book bag this summer

I hope I'll be reading more then ten books this summer but here are ten that I definitely want to get done this summer and I will be bringing with me in my suitcase to the pig farm (not in my beach bag... I don't go to the beach). The first five books are the ones I got from the library so are a little time sensitive. The others are just ones that are on my reading challenges list, though actually the ones I got from the library were on my reading challenges list too.

  1. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens (TBR Pile Challenge, Classics Club)
  2. The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens (Classics Club)
  3. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (TBR Pile Challenge, Nonfiction reading challenge, Classics Club)
  4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (Classics Club)
  5. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (Classics Club)
  6. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens (TBR Pile Challenge, Classics Club) 
  7. Always Ready by Greg Bahnsen (Nonfiction reading challenge and Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge)
  8. War of Words by Paul David Tripp 
  9. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott (A Year in Re-reading Challenge)
  10. As You Like It by William Shakespeare (Shakespeare Challenge, Classics Club)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Yay for Gone With The Wind! :)

    And wow, that's a good bunch of Dickens you have there. I haven't read any of those (except I started Old Curiosity Shop when I was younger and didn't get too far), but I HAVE been to the inn in Greenwich, England, where Dickens wrote Our Mutual Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool that you've been to the inn! If I could go anywhere in the world no expense it would be the British Isles. :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I absolutely love Our Mutual Friend (my favourite Dickens novel) and Little Dorrit (my second favourite Dickens novel)--I hope you enjoy them :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add, Eugene Wrayburn is hands down my favourite Dickens character--there's just so much about the character (not to mention some of the best lines in the book!) :)

      Delete
    2. I'm really looking forward to reading them! There isn't a Dickens novel I haven't liked yet (except Great Expectations but that was because I was too young).

      Delete
  3. I love this list :) In fact I love that your lists are always Classic filled! I think the Classics can be some of the best books :) Thanks for dropping by on my list!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, yes, the Classics are the best books. :) There are some good modern ones though. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooo great list. That TBR Challenge is always so hard for me! I have read many classics at the beach or pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first year doing reading challenges so I'm interested to see how it will turn out. :)

      Delete
  5. Your list seems so smart - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! We'll see if I actually get through all of those though. :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I'm loving all the classics!! I usually stick to YA but you're reminding me that I need to get back to some old loves...

    Here's my TTT for this week!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...