Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Monday! Reading and Life :)

As I mentioned in this post last Saturday, they're was lots going on last week so I didn't post her on the blog. Be sure to check that post out to see what's going on with me right now. :) And for now, what am I reading?

I finished God's and Generals and really enjoyed it. Now I want to watch the movie as well as the movie of Killer Angels (Gettysburg). That's my second book completed for my TBR Pile Challenge.

I'm still in progress with North and South but haven't been listening to it of late. I really want to finish it and then rewatch the miniseries. This will be for my TBR Pile Challenge as well.

Last week I read Agnes Grey in one day. It was short and I was sick so it was an easy accomplishment. I guess I would say I liked it but when I read it and looking back at it, I definitely felt like I had heard the story before so it just seemed cliche to me. However, it was enjoyable enough and I'm glad I read it. That was my Classics Club spin so I'm glad I got it finished up really quickly.

I started reading The Princess Bride at long last. I'm getting close to the end of it and by the end of today I could be done. It's not the same as the movie but it is great in it's own right. The style it is written in is one that has always appealed to me and I find it very humorous. This will also go towards my TBR Pile Challenge.

So overall I've gotten plenty of reading done but I'm still behind for my Goodreads challenge of reading 60 books this year. I fell behind at the end of the semester. Reading wasn't really a priority then. :) However, hopefully this summer I can catch up and get ahead even so I don't fall behind horribly when school starts up again this fall.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Gettysburg. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I will. Killer Angels is one of my all-time favorite books so I'm sure I will. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting your Classics Club spin done already. Mine is The Count of Monte Cristo - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with that! It is a long book! I read it a few years ago and I remember enjoying it but not being absolutely crazy about it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love The Princess Bride but have never read the book- probably should do that. I imagine the background info is fascinating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I haven't read The Princess Bride either. I probably should put it on my TBR! Hope you have a good reading week!

    Thanks for visiting my post earlier

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...