Monday, January 27, 2014

Prayer App

As you may remember, praying daily was one of my goals this month and has been my goal for the last few months actually. This month I've finally gotten into the swing of praying every night as I fall asleep. At first I downloaded a couple prayer apps that were so-so but limited (i.e. they were free ones and they wanted me to pay for the upgrade after a certain amount of time and I don't pay for apps). However, a few days ago I came across a new one that is free and really great called "prayer prompter". It works really well for me. Not only can I enter in the different prayer requests but it has different bible verses and quotes about different topics such as fear, trust, anger, ect. as well as bible verse prompts to guide you through the A.C.T.S. prayer guide if you so wish. It also has some great prayer quotes. One of my favorites that I've found on there is from The Valley of Vision and I'll close with it.

"Holy Lord, I have sinned times without number, and been guilty of pride and unbelief; of failure to find Your mind of Your Word; and of neglect to seek You in my daily life. 
My transgressions and short-comings present me with a list of accusations. 
But I bless You, that they will not stand against me, for all have been laid on Christ. 
Go on to subdue my corruptions, and grant me grace to live above them. 
Do not let the passions of the flesh nor the luts of the mind bring my spirit into subjection; 
but rule over me in liberty and power. 
Amen."

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...