Thursday, January 2, 2014

Monthly Resolutions- January 2014

All the books I want to read this month.
A new month and a new year! I would have posted this yesterday but I already posted two blog posts yesterday so I figured you were blogged out. I'm just a little excited for a new year and I can't wait to see what happens!

Read or Re-Read Five Books

I've got this little stack of books I'm supposed to be reading that I haven't. Hopefully I can get them done this month. They including reading JRR Tolkien's The Children of Húrin, Frank Herbert's Dune, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, and re-reading Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows and Johann Wiss's The Swiss Family Robinson. So since I know what books I should read this month will help me actually get them done… right? 

Memorize Scripture

I'm planning on memorizing the first two verses of Psalm 31 to go alone with my year goal of memorizing the whole psalm. 

Pray daily

I downloaded a prayer journal app as well as an app that sends me reminders to pray for people. Since I use my phone a lot, I'm hoping that helps. 

Do One Crochet Project

My goal for the year is to do one crochet project every month so this is in line with that. 

Read a Psalm a day

Reading one chapter of the bible every evening works best for me. I'll be starting with Psalm 1 and reading through. After I'm done with the Psalms I don't know what I'll do but that's a long ways away so I really don't have to worry about that now. :)

At least two blog posts per week

I'm trying to keep up with my blog more so hopefully I can give y'all some fun posts this month! 

Thanks for checking my resolutions out and I look forward to seeing how I do this month! 

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Ender's Game, although I haven't read any of the other books on your list. I'm also working on memorizing Psalm 31 :) I look forward to reading your posts this year. Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...