Monday, January 30, 2017

My Little (Big) Secret



I've ben keeping a secret from my blog readers. I think though it is time to tell all... especially considering how far things have gone.


Back in April I met a guy.

He liked Tolkien, Doctor Who, reading and theology. Just my kind of guy.


Naturally we started dating. Our favorite dates included going on long walks, watching movies, playing games and debating everything from Tolkien to theology. Most every Sunday he would come and spend time with my family and I.


When he sat through all five hours of Pride and Prejudice with me and then read it... I knew he was the one.  When he put up with my craziness, not to mention my family's craziness.... I knew he was the one. When I drug him through fields, rivers and over fences for a "relaxing" walk and he never complained... I knew he was the one. But most of all, when he said "I love you" and asked me to marry him... I knew he was the one.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

So yes... we're engaged!!!!! I'm so excited to start this new journey in my life and I would covet your prayers as Brian and I prepare for marriage.

I cannot help but quote Jane Austen from her novel Pride and Prejudice: “I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh.”

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Oh my goodness!!! I'm so happy for you, Lois!

    I don't even know what else to say except congratulations and from what you've said I can tell you're meant for each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting!!! You and Brian look really happy together, and I'll certainly be praying for you guys as you take this next step in life together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've found the ideal match! Very best wishes for a long and happy future together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Congratulations! :D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Lois!! So happy for both of you!! I'll keep you in my prayers! Hugs, Dessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely!!! Huge congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lois! :D May the Lord strengthen and bless your union.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! What delightful news. Enjoy your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Sounds like you two are very compatible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Blessings on your engagement and your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I haven't been here in forever, and I am sorry for that. BUT OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS LOIS CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is SO exciting -- blessings on your marriage! (I confess I started suspecting there was a man in the picture when I saw a bunch of marriage books pop up on your Goodreads account ;))

    SO INCREDIBLY COOL.

    Love & blessings & prayers!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so behind the times! 😉
      I tried to drop subtle clues. 😃

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...