Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday FREEBIE!!!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme over at Broke and Bookish is a freebie!!!! I wasn't sure what exactly what I wanted to do but as I look back over my lists over the years most of time they are permeated by classics because that's what I mostly read. So today for this freebie theme I thought I would make a list of my Top Ten Favorite Modern Books! By modern I mean in the last couple decades.... in other words... for me, not a classic.... yet! I'm also excluding non-fiction to make my choosing easier. I'm also excluding books published posthumously (ahem Tolkien).
This post is for those of you who for some reason are reading my blog but don't like classics. I made this for you. ;)

  1. The Giver (whole series) by Lois Lowry 
  2. Rakkety Tamm (whole Redwall series) by Brian Jacques 
  3. Harry Potter (whole series) by J.K. Rowling
  4. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith 
  5. Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
  6. Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
  7. Odd Thomas and Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz
  8. Binding of the Blades series by L.B. Graham
  9. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak 
  10. On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (whole series) by Andrew Peterson
  11. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  12. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  13. The Martian by Andy Weir 
  14. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Could I actually narrow it down to ten? No! Do I ever? No! It was incredibly hard to get this list down to just fourteen. I drew a line at 1990, which helped a little bit. 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Good TTT idea! I love The Eyre Affair and the Harry Potter books, and Peace Like a River fascinated me. I've read a bunch of the others too, but those are the ones I liked best :-)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...